Karting + Detail Day - Sat, June 5th

The local NSX and S2000 owners will be hosting a Karting + Detail Day on Saturday, June 5th. The karting event is tentatively scheduled for 9AM at JRP Speedway and the detail day will tentatively follow afterward at Humble Performance.

jrpoverheadview.png

JRP SPEEDWAY
5920 W. 51st - Tulsa, OK 74107
Phone - 918-446-7000

Individual cost right now is $35 for karting but I'm trying to get that down a bit or have the time extended. That said, 20 minutes in a kart will be more than enough for most. ;) We'll break up into 2 man (or woman) teams and, hopefully, we'll have an award for the winning team.

The detail day will take place at Humble Performance:

logo.jpg

Food (hamburgers, hotdogs, chips) and drink will be available for $7 at Humble. Detailing products and accessories won't be provided so BYODS (Bring Your Own Detailing Supplies) if at all possible. I'll be bringing my Honda powerwasher for use. Humble Performance is located at:

HUMBLE PERFORMANCE
8117 E. 48th St. - Tulsa , OK 74145

So who's in?

1. Pone
2. JulieU
3. RachelC
4. DustinK
5. RobertC
5. GabeE
7. cmeade
11 - 100....

Last edited:
I will plan to be there, as Julie`s kart partner.

Just confirmed with the track, we're on for 9am on Saturday, June 5th.

Looking forward to putting the beat down on you suckas!

So I'm telling the track there'll be around 10 participants. If anyone else is planning on coming, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Oh, and bring your own helmet if possible. The ones provided by the track, well, they aren't too...sanitized.

Sure was hot out, but that was fun nonetheless, plus our cars are all clean! Many thanks go out to Ponyboy for organizing the karting session at JRP's, Gabe for putting together the detailing session, Alex over at Humble for hosting it, Detailers Domain the goodies and everyone who came out for making today a fun, productive day. As always, it was good seeing you guys and I hope to see you all again soon.

Phone pic from JRP Speedway:

JRP.jpg

(Sorry Chip, took ^ that after you left)

Results:

DSCF-7311.jpg

Enrique's and mine all clean:

DSCF-7299.jpg

I forgot how much fun driving those karts are! That was a blast!

Although, I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the low turnout of NSX and S2K owners. :(

Thanks again, Shawn, for organizing the event. It was great to see you all.

Back