K1 Speed Torrance opens today

We South Bay residents finally get a nearby indoor go-kart racing facility. I'm thinking about checking it out this afternoon...races are $5 off this grand opening weekend.

http://www.k1speed.com/torrance_location.asp

Last edited:
We should do another NSX event there like the last one in Carlsbad a few years back?

I just did a single race there today to check out the facilities. Nice and new. Very close to the 405 and 110 interchange, located behind some businesses on the east side of S Vermont and it has ample parking around the back that may even be visible from the freeway (wonder if anyone spotted my NSX in the lot).

Go-karting in Gardena. Racing and Japanese food...can't beat the combination! Came in third though...would have done better if only I hadn't lapped people (got stuck behind a couple of the slowest movers).

Last edited:
What safety equipment (helmet, gloves, etc) is required? Can you wear your own gear?

Do you need to bring your own safety equipment? Can I just show up and race? It's local and seems fun =]

All the K1s have helmets and balakavas for use by customers. Other than that you don't need anything else.

You can bring your own helmet.

Back