Just when you thought your hummer was the biggest thing on the block...

Just when you thought your hummer was the biggest/baddest thing on the block... your neighbor gets one of these:

http://www.unimogtrucks.com/default.asp

Highlights -
--------------------------------------
* its almost 3-1/2 feet taller than a hummer (ie, just shy of 10 feet)
* it has a carbon fiber cockpit
* 60 gallon gas tank
* 15" of suspension travel
* the tires alone are as tall as an NSX
* its a mercedes!

I was on the way to work the other day and I see this big truck. "Must be a semi" I thought. When I drove up next to it at a stoplight, boy was I wrong! The best part was watching the drivers around it doing double takes and craning their necks to figure out what it was.

I gotta get me one of these! I would never have to worry about door dings again!

I saw one of these last week at Home Depot. It was really a head turner, everyone was slowing down in the parking lot to check it out. Any idea what it costs?

I saw one of these last week at Home Depot. It was really a head turner

now THATS funny :D I can imagine the home depot fanatics thinking 'e-magin' how much wood i could get inta one of 'em!'

still doesnt have the 'cool look' factor. reminds me of the style of the trucks in the 'fifties.

(then again, the prowler looks nice)

ajnsx said:
how much wood i could get inta one of 'em!'

Yeah, but remember the bed is almost 5 feet high... Imagine how bad your back will be after loading 5-6 tons of 2x4s.

OTOH, it would look pretty impressive watching them forklift a pallet of concrete bags onto the back. Try doing that with a poser lift-kit dually pickup!

It would be cool if it was a crewcab. :)

ajnsx said:

still doesnt have the 'cool look' factor. reminds me of the style of the trucks in the 'fifties.

The original unimogs were made (I think) in fifties, based on german army truck designs, and they update the design every so often. Presonally, I like the style. I would love to buy an older one as a toy for offroading. Check out the center console options on the new one, haha! Hey, those H2's may look pretty, but can you get one with a backhoe and front loader as a factory option? :D

Attachments

• p_gallery_20.jpg
    p_gallery_20.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 254
Mr.Wolf said:
Is this truck large enough to crush other cars?
If so, I will buy one as a business investiment. :D

Having driven alongside one, I definitely think it could crush other cars.

You should consider getting the flatbed version with the crane attachment. That way you can crush, hoist, and haul your "competition" away with only a single vehicle. Plus the bed can be tilted backwards to dump its load.

Why thank you Mr.Schmoe, I have placed an order for one with the crane attachment as suggested.
My other modification to the truck will be putting Acura [A] symbols on it. Mr.Wolf doesn't drive Mercedes. :D

I have also inquired whether a spa can be mounted on the back. I'm awaiting the salesman regarding that. :D

Back