Just wanted to say "Hi"

Wow getting registered is like joining a "secret society". I had to a get a different email just for this forum......Just wanted to drop a note and say "Hi" I have been lurking for a couple of months looking for a new "toy." Some of the cars I considered are the E39 M5 the classic Mercedes 500E and the NSX which has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid which lead me to NSX Prime.

Back in 1991 I got my first new car a 1991 Honda Civic SI nicely modded w/HKS intake and exhaust, Tokico/Eibach suspension and OZ 16" wheels (no rice).....that was a blast unfortunately it was stolen. At times I wish I still had it.

Back to the NSX. I actually went to Stevens Creek to check out the 1991 they have w/29K miles, asking $34K. Any thoughts? The car is real clean with some minor cosmetic issues. I was looking at the service records and noticed it has never had a TB/WP change. I think this would be a negotiation point. Anyways lets see what happens and look forward to joining the club.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Any thoughts? The car is real clean with some minor cosmetic issues. I was looking at the service records and noticed it has never had a TB/WP change. I think this would be a negotiation point. Anyways lets see what happens and look forward to joining the club.:biggrin:

Welcome to the club! :cool:

I would be afraid to even test drive the car with a 18 year old timing belt!

It pays NOT to skimp on maintenance on these cars.

Welcome to the club! :cool:

I would be afraid to even test drive the car with a 18 year old timing belt!

It pays NOT to skimp on maintenance on these cars.

Offer $28K.

i'd stay away from the 500E unless you want to change rear windshields after each spirited run- they crack due to extreme chassis flex as the car was not designed to handle the stiff suspension and extra hp. how do i know? i cracked 3 of them when i worked for mb in the early 90's.

Wow getting registered is like joining a "secret society". I had to a get a different email just for this forum......Just wanted to drop a note and say "Hi" I have been lurking for a couple of months looking for a new "toy." Some of the cars I considered are the E39 M5 the classic Mercedes 500E and the NSX which has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid which lead me to NSX Prime.

Back in 1991 I got my first new car a 1991 Honda Civic SI nicely modded w/HKS intake and exhaust, Tokico/Eibach suspension and OZ 16" wheels (no rice).....that was a blast unfortunately it was stolen. At times I wish I still had it.

Back to the NSX. I actually went to Stevens Creek to check out the 1991 they have w/29K miles, asking $34K. Any thoughts? The car is real clean with some minor cosmetic issues. I was looking at the service records and noticed it has never had a TB/WP change. I think this would be a negotiation point. Anyways lets see what happens and look forward to joining the club.:biggrin:

Considering the cost to bring it up, no more than 28k, this Nsx was for sale for the same price two years ago private party on craigslist's bayarea no one paid that much then they won't now. Be patient find one with service complete. The M5 is fun but cost is high if you really need a 4-door.

Hey guys thanks for responses.......I'll see what can be done. However, I found out I might be a casualty of the economy so will have to see. Besides the checklist anything else I should look out for?

Cheers,

Back