Just wanted to say hello

Boy, coming here and looking around I feel like such a loser lol...I don't own an NSX, but I have made a goal for myself to buy one within the next 5 years. Until then, I plan to do as much research as I can to make sure I know exactly what to look for and what to watch out for.

My name is Tyler, and I live in Michigan. I am 21 years old, and am currently a senior at Michigan State University in the Chemistry program. I plan to graduate next fall and will be looking for a job in the field of criminalistics.

Although I am young, I have owned a good number of cars. I started out with my father's Jeep Cherokee, then bought my first car, a 1994 Mazda MX6. I sold that within a year to buy a 1994 Mazda Rx7, which ended up being a nightmare to keep running, so I sold that and got a 1994 Acura Integra GSR (kind of like your little brother....well, maybe not ;) ), which I decided to turbocharge (now has 243 whp)...then I figured I'd need a DD so I just bought a 2005 Scion xA. Like I said, I feel like a douche coming here and seeing the cars you guys own and drive, but I'm doing the best I can for now. I've always loved the styling, handling, and potential of the NSX, and I am dead set on owning one soon.

Anyway, below are a couple of photos of my car (nothing big). Hope I can learn something while I'm here. Take care,

:) Tyler

551437_84_full.jpg

551437_79_full.jpg

Yeah, it has a Tein coilover setup right now...absolutely NO body roll whatsoever. The previous owner said he took it to a shop and had the suspension dialed in, so I really don't want to mess with it. I'm trying to figure out if I can rework the JDM ITR Spoon carbon fiber front lip I bought (when I was going to do the JDM front end conversion before I decided to go FI) to fit the stock GSR front end, so maybe it'll look lower then. It HAD a bodykit, but I'm all against that kind of stuff (rice) so I took it off...looked A LOT lower with it on, but I was also kind of going with the sleeper look.

Thanks for the warm welcomes...I was kind of worried I'd be shunned for having an obviously inferior car, but it's good to see that you guys will even accept the little guy. Anyway, I was thinking about getting a 97-99 (or whenever the 2nd gen kicked in) NSX-T in black or white as soon as I am at a position in my life to be able to own one. I have the money to buy one right now, but I want to make sure I get a career going, a house, etc. before I actually get one. I'm looking forward to it SO much.

btw, here's a picture of my xA. The thing is so damn slow :mad: but you have to make sacrifices in life, right? I'm counting down the days until I can sell the Integra and start off with my true dream car :D

662570_4_full.jpg

Last edited:
I have the money to buy one right now, but I want to make sure I get a career going, a house, etc. before I actually get one. I'm looking forward to it SO much.

Very wise decision, as once you own an Nsx, the temptation to mod it will also follow which equals more $$$. The good thing about the Nsx is that it tends to hold its value fairly well.

LOL...I know ALL about the modding bug. I threw $5000 away into my FD and I have $10,000 into my Integra. That is the precise reason I'm not jumping the gun to buy one right now, since I know I would throw money away I NEED to get established somewhere. It'll be my gift to myself for making myself completely independent. Not a bad goal, is it?

I just have one small question: What is the engine noise level/tone while driving? I just smile when I think about having the engine right behind my head...screw sound systems, that's all I need (especially with the added whine of a supercharger :) ) How loud is it, though?

Last edited:
Hey welcome to the forums! I like your car its nice and clean not ricey.

thanks! I hate rice...it's all over the place down here. I actually almost considered not buying the hood because I thought it was too ricey, but the reduced weight helped the decision. I couldn't believe how light it was (although I doubt it did much, but every pound matters, right?)

Welcome to NSXPrime!

With the stock exhaust/headers/cats, the engine is not very loud at all; you'll hear it when accelerating, but in daily driving, with the radio and/or AC on, you won't notice it, unless you get about 5-6k rpms.

Now, once you start changing things, you'll hear it more and more. As for mine, well, ... :)

lol...I think I'll be changing things then. I definitely want to hear stuff :)

Anyone know, ah crap, I forget his name...he works at PaynTech in Troy, MI. His NSX is supercharged and pretty crazy - it's black on black...96 I think. He tuned my car while Tom was out of the shop. Nice guy!

btw nice car, it'll look better if you drop a inch
;)

Nice teggy, nice first post, welcome to the board.

was kind of worried I'd be shunned for having an obviously inferior car, but it's good to see that you guys will even accept the little guy

Not an issue about inferior cars(the teg is not an inferior car, it is marketed for a certain type of demographic), but inferior attitudes such as; for people shunning you for the kind of car/house/clothes you have :)

It HAD a bodykit, but I'm all against that kind of stuff (rice) so I took it off...

Be careful on the rice issue, bodykits aren't rice, building economy cars that are aesthetically geared/pretending to go/is fast, is rice. ;)

oh yeah, I completely agree...this bodykit was rice to me...and the paint was flaking off of it and it looked terrible (which just added to the riciness for me)...so I took it off, and now I like it 10x better :D I completely agree that aerodynamic modifications can and do help out, and I love some of the lip/side/rears available for the NSX. I'm almost done with my Integra, too...then it's just saving up for the move into being self-sufficient. All I need is a new exhaust, a retune, some paint, and some minor things fixed so I can get the most out of it when I sell it.

AutoEuphoria said:
Thanks for the warm welcomes...I was kind of worried I'd be shunned for having an obviously inferior car, but it's good to see that you guys will even accept the little guy. ...
Welcome. That's why the NSX crowd is so great. It doesn't matter what you drive. It's all about enthusiasm for performance vehicles.

I drive a car that is worth less than a big screen TV... :cool:

Two things:
1) The Integra is a great car! The Yoda of Prime and many of us respect the
car very much. 2) Really wish you guys could have beaten Michigan, would have helped the Hawkeyes in the rankings!
Welcome to Prime, I don't own an NSX either (anymore), but still like to lurk here.

Looks like that Elise will make a nice replacement, though :)

And as far as the game...it would have been nice to win, but honestly giving up 10 points in 15 seconds is just MSU football at its best lol

Back