Just wanted to hear everyone thought on this topic.

I would ask a prime member to give you a ride, there will always be someone kind enough to do something like this. Give him a gift certificate to SOS for $300 and save $200 :)

I don't think his insurance carrier would be too happy about this! There
used to be an exclusion for renting out or using it for fare paying passengers.
Not sure about the new policies.

FYI... I am not looking to rent. Just thought it was interesting since, in the past, I always see these ads for Ferrari, Lambo, and etc. Never seen it for an NSX before...

i wouldn't rent a nsx...i'd just buy one :biggrin:

I wouldn't rent one.....I already own one! :D

That said.....there are plenty of cars cheaper to rent. I know the NSX is rare, but I don't think it rates a rental price roughly 150% that of a SL55 AMG. Especially since the MSRP was similar (the SL55 was a few $20K more or so, but still comparable).

I think it would be a $275-310/day rental.

I tried to rent an NSX before I bought mine. $40,000.00 is a lot of money to spend on a car that you have never driven and are not sure you will like. I would have paid $500.00 to rent one. It worked out in the end because I am very happy with the NSX I bought.

I'd love to drive the NA2 just for comparisons sake. My 91 is great but I'd like to know what I thought of the power steering in the newer ones. I'd also like to know if it's that much faster than mine. Would I pay 500 for the priviledge - maybe if I was considering selling and repurchasing a late model. First I'd try and drive some nice friendly NSX owner's car for free or lunch or something. :biggrin:

I'd love to drive the NA2 just for comparisons sake. My 91 is great but I'd like to know what I thought of the power steering in the newer ones. I'd also like to know if it's that much faster than mine. Would I pay 500 for the priviledge - maybe if I was considering selling and repurchasing a late model. First I'd try and drive some nice friendly NSX owner's car for free or lunch or something. :biggrin:

I like the way you think.

I've owned both a NA1 and currently a NA2. The only time you'll notice the power steering is when you're parking the car. The power steering on a NA2 is variable meaning as you speed up the power steering goes down. Like I said, it's only noticable when you park. It is faster but not by a lot. Remember the 3.0 versus the 3.2, the five speed versus the six speed. The six speed is a big difference due to the gear ratios. You don't have that long second gear like in a 3.0. It's almost like having short gears in a 3.0. There is also the difference in headers, brakes, etc.

Since you're a Prime member you'll only have to send me $300. I'll send you my Pay Pal information.:wink:

PayPal? I would think you'd be more comfortable handling confederate money. :tongue:

PayPal? I would think you'd be more comfortable handling confederate money. :tongue:

I still have my uniform hanging in the closet.:tongue:

Back