Just signed up for Grand Prix 3 day course at Bondurant

NsXMas said:
I'm in the December 16th class. It turns out I'm the only one in the class right now. So I'll get some serious 1 to 1 instruction and lots of track time in a Corvette C5.

I plan to bring my NSX depending on how comfortable I feel.

If anyone else is interested, sign up and we can drive our NSX together there!

:smile:

I live about 5 miles from the track, what are the exact dates you'll be there?

Edit: Let me guess, Dec 16,17,18?

Hmm..

I'm guessing that you won't be going to the JGTC event :( with the rest of the NSX folks from AZ.

Why don't you do the 4 day class so that you can get the regional SCCA license at the same time? Driving a formula ford was a pain though, they should replace the formula ford with their shifter karts ;)

Ken

BTW: I doubt that they will allow you to drive the NSX for the 3 day class, unless you have a rollcage on the car.

Hi Ken. Yea, I agonized over JGTC or Bondurant :( :(. But I have limited vacation (got over 32 days of vacation actually :eek: ) - work is so busy that I was lucky to schedule 2 weeks off to do this. I chose Bondurant over JGTC just because of the vacation schedule, otherwise I'd do JGTC in a heartbeat.

I am considering the 4th day class, but I think I might also do the superkart Bondurant class next year, so I'm debating about the extra $$$ for the 4th day.

I did speak to Bondurant about the NSX, and they said if I desired it is possible to use my NSX, depending on how comfortable I feel. We'll see :)

NsXMas said:
Hi Ken. Yea, I agonized over JGTC or Bondurant :( :(. But I have limited vacation (got over 32 days of vacation actually :eek: ) - work is so busy that I was lucky to schedule 2 weeks off to do this. I chose Bondurant over JGTC just because of the vacation schedule, otherwise I'd do JGTC in a heartbeat.

I am considering the 4th day class, but I think I might also do the superkart Bondurant class next year, so I'm debating about the extra $$$ for the 4th day.

I did speak to Bondurant about the NSX, and they said if I desired it is possible to use my NSX, depending on how comfortable I feel. We'll see :)

I've done the 4 day school, as well as the SuperKart school at Bondurant, save your NSX and use their car instead.

No use spending all that $$'s if you are going to be paying for the wear and tear of the NSX... The basics will be the same (except that you won't have to trail brake with the NSX), but once you are done with school you will really appreciate the handling of your NSX even more ;).

BTW: Bondurant can probably reschedule if they can't sign up more people for the class next weekend.

NsXMas said:
Thanks for the info. The guy I spoke to said even if I am the only participant, the class will happen. I hope he's right.

How did you like the superkart school? I am a newbie at karting and want to get a lot better.

Hmm..

Newbie at karting or superkarts? If you are a complete newbie to karting I would suggest you to become familiar with the regulars karts before moving to the superkarts.

The cornering and accelration on the SuperKarts is insane it's at a different level than regular karting, ie you can't be thinking because it might be too late.

I took the autocross => tracking => karting => superkart path instead of the usual karting => superkarts => tracking path, so reaction times and fundamentals were already in place by the time that I hit the SuperKarts..

Ken

Thanks again for the info :)

I look forward to moving up the ladder!!

PS - with regards to the SCCA license, I spoke to Bondurant and they said the 3 day course qualifies me as well. The extra day for formula racing is a bonus, but I'd have to reschedule since the 4 day course falls on a different day. Oh well - can't have everything, I guess :( (JGTC + Bondurant + 4 day course)

Back