Just saying hello

Hi,

My name is Mike and I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm currently in the process of searching for my next vehicle and I've decided it will most likely be a NSX.
I'm a pretty big car nut and have a few vehicles already. I started looking a few months ago for something new, was focusing on C5 and C6 Z06's. After driving a few, there
are a few things I wasn't too happy about. After doing a lot of thinking and shifting focus away from outright power(I was going for a 5-600HP street car) I've decided to shoot for
another dream(owning a NSX). In the mean time I'll just continue to dump money into my 300ZX to fulfill my lust for power. I expect the NSX to be a whole different level of automobile compared to
a corvette(hell even my Z32). While speed is important, I value the overall package much more. I think the NSX is going to be my best bet.

So, just wanted to say hi. I'll be lurking around and maybe asking some questions. I'm in no hurry, would like to buy one this summer yet but next year would be fine too. I'm looking to spend
around 30K - 35K, so I'm going to be limited to early 90's cars with some miles on them.

Wish me luck, can't wait to be a owner.

Mike

Last edited:
Welcome, searching for cars is fun. I had a 96 TT Z32, silver over black, which I sold it for a C5 many years ago due to lack of torque. You will find the Z and the NSX have a very similar driving positions and interiors. Make sure you drive a NSX as it is down from a Z06 power wise. If you still want a NSX your number one question will be targa or hardtop. You can get either in your price range.

Welcome! Great to see more and more Minnesota people on the forum!

Welcome, searching for cars is fun. I had a 96 TT Z32, silver over black, which I sold it for a C5 many years ago due to lack of torque. You will find the Z and the NSX have a very similar driving positions and interiors. Make sure you drive a NSX as it is down from a Z06 power wise. If you still want a NSX your number one question will be targa or hardtop. You can get either in your price range.

Thank you, searching for cars is fun but searching for a NSX seems a bit more difficult than most. Doesn't seem to be a lot out there, so I'm sure it will be a longer process than usual. What did you think of the C5, I like the cars from a style and power
standpoint. I just have some issues with the "feel" from the drivers seat. I know most people don't like the seats in them but I don't know if changing that out would make too big of a difference. As for the power, it is nice to have but not a priority. Hell, I own a stock miata and I have a lot of fun in that. In the end it's all about the total package(to me) and the connection I have to the car as I push it to it's limits. So, we'll see how the NSX fits that. I'm hoping it will be a truly great drivers car which is what I really am always looking for.

I'm hoping for a hardtop, but a targa would be fine. Don't know if there is much of a difference when it comes to chassis rigidity and ultimate handling. I never take the T-Tops off my Z and would prefer to have a hardtop on that, so a targa would probably
just be added weight if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome! Great to see more and more Minnesota people on the forum!

Thanks ekhonda87, nice NSX. I love black cars(my Z and Miata are black), having a hard time picking between a red or black NSX. Black, as always, looks amazing but red is looking
better and better to me the more pictures I look at.

Regarding your picture, are those the "man cave" condo's?

Yea, I got there too early, like 2 hours before anybody else, so I was waiting for a while. It was my first cars and coffee with my NSX, so I was a little excited.

Yea, I got there too early, like 2 hours before anybody else, so I was waiting for a while. It was my first cars and coffee with my NSX, so I was a little excited.

A little excited? Sounds like it to show up two hours early. IIRC that normally starts at about 7 or 8 so you must have been there literally at the crack of dawn. I haven't made it to one yet, would love to go.

Back