Just paid $2.84 for premium!

I can't imagine... Here in PA its $2.47 for premium and that's for 94 octane. Your $2.84 is more than likely only 91 octane unfortunately... Is this insanity going to ever end?? :mad:

Stunner said:
$2.84 is more than likely only 91 octane unfortunately... QUOTE]

Correct. Let's all take a minute to thank the morons at CARB for not only giving us more expensive gasoline (by making us go through about a billion blends of gas depending on the time of year) but also degrading the quality of the product available to the customer.

I'm not happy that gas prices are going up (althought I do honestly feel that we don't pay enough for gas in the United States (ducks for flames)) but I do resent the hell out of the artificial manipulations that a few knuckleheads can impose upon the marketplace.

$3.00 gas by the summer!

As someone pointed out to me this weekend, it's probably gonna be cheaper to just buy race gas pretty soon.

So it can't be all bad. :)

I just paid $2.54/gal last night for 93. I don't doubt that it'll hit $3.00 by summer's end. But even then, it's still cheaper than what our pals are paying on the other side of the pond.

Like in Mad Max we got to have the "Juice" :eek:

Things have really changed in the last couple of years. In the past OPEC was careful to adjust its production quotas so that prices did not go up too much because demand would fall. Today even with rising prices demand is still rising.

I hear that prices will continue to rise over the summer. It's getting so crazy that I want to start breaking out my ten speed. :eek: Not a time to own an Excursion or Suburban.

its <$2.50 here in TX for premium. Crude prices are outa control. Goldman Sachs estimates "super spike" prices to hit as high as $115/bbl.

Lets hope they are wrong.

Gas inventories fell by 2.1 million barrels last week, compared to the 1.4 million barrel predicted. Crude inventories rose because of maxed out refineries. Demand will bring $3.00 for 91premium soon - at least in Cali.

ChopsJazz said:
And the station across the street was $2.96! :eek:
Just paid $2.77 on Friday, and on Saturday it was $2.85 in the desert...

Off topic: At least you have pretty scenery in HMB. :biggrin: My dad grew up just south of there, and I was raised in Belmont. It's still one of my favorite places in California.

im buying a dui moped :biggrin:

No we need a contraption like Doc Emmit Brown had on the DeLorean in "Back to the Future 2". Just dump your garbage into a Mr. Coffee mounted on the engine and BAM!! Instant fuel! That kills two birds with one stone. :biggrin:

jimmycinla said:
Gas inventories fell by 2.1 million barrels last week, compared to the 1.4 million barrel predicted. Crude inventories rose because of maxed out refineries. Demand will bring $3.00 for 91premium soon - at least in Cali.

And yet we still don't build any new refineries. As a matter of fact, Shell was willing to close their refinery in Bakersfield until Flying J (yes, the truck stop company) stepped in and bought up the assets. Granted, that refinery only makes up a tiny portion of the retail fuel sold in CA but every little bit helps.

I have a good friend who goes to school at University of Fairbanks Alaska. He currently studies wildlife Biology there but anyway he has informed me that the amount of raw oil that they are sitting on up there is astronomical and would easily drop the price of gasoline if it were utilized more efficiently.

Oh boy, I can't wait to see what the marina's will be charging for 93 octane this summer. :frown: :eek:

Premium gas is up to $0.96/litre here in Alberta which is approx $3.62 / US gallon. This is in Cdn $s but if you come to visit it would cost you approx 3 of your dollars to purchase a US gallon. If I go to visit the US it would cost me approx 3.55 of my dollars for every gallon. Not as big a difference as you might think between US and Canada. Alberta usually has the cheapest gas in Canada.

The price is high enough that I'm finally changing my driving habits ... combining trips when I can although it hasn't stopped me from taking my daily dose of NSX.

I use straight 100 octane for my Cuda. It is $5.69 per gallon. It's very expensive, but the price stays the same no matter how regular gas prices vary (at least so far). Also, it has such a lovely scent...

My NSX gets the best mileage of any of my vehicles, so it looks like more NSX saddle-time this summer. Dang. :biggrin:

Back