Just out of Surgery

Hay everyone

I have just came out of surgery and I have one thing to say:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH

Here is my advice, avoid surgery if possible. I mean, you go into the Hospital jumping around, ( yyyyaaaaayy……….Im going to have a surgery………Im going to have a surgery). And its all cool with all the weird instrument they use on you and all the needles they stick in you like a donkey.

But when you wake up after surgery. The fun is all over-all you can think of is: WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME. You got pipes sticking out of your body and the real thrill is when you get to see were they did the surgery, MY GOD ARE THOSE STITCHES?. … no. replies the Doctor, those are clips and they will be painless to remove later on…………. I Doubt that Doctor! And I look like Frankenstein down there Doctor.

But don’t misunderstand me from my above exaggerations, the operation was successful and the Doctor was more than excellent, thank god.

My point of this all is that we take a lot of thing for granted, like good health and the simple ability to walk painlessly which is unlike me for the next two weeks.im 23 and im walking with a stick!!

So everybody out there, lay down your NSX keys for today and just take a walk. You have no idea what a blessing that is.

BTW. The cause of the surgery was a Pelvic Bone Tumor. Nothing serious but it had to go.

I can relate.

3 years ago I had surgery on my right leg. Tore my achilles.
I was terrified that I wouldn't ever walk again. Thank God that wasn't the case. I can walk, run, jump but have to admit, it will never be the same.

When I woke up from surgery, I was groggy. They forced me to sit up because they wanted to kick me out of the hospital ASAP.
They used staples on me too instead of stitches.

Have a good recovery.
:)

I too can relate.

I'm 13 years old in the 7th grade and my hips were like an old car, it took a few minutes of limping to warm them up enough to bear the pain of walking. I eventually lost the use of my legs for about a week. Long story short, I now have two 7" titanium bolts in my hips and have been fine ever since. I had what's called a slippage of my epiphisis, the top of my femur.

That has garnered a great appreciation of walking that I have to this day!

jmjrdh1 said:
I too can relate.

I'm 13 years old in the 7th grade and my hips were like an old car, it took a few minutes of limping to warm them up enough to bear the pain of walking. I eventually lost the use of my legs for about a week. Long story short, I now have two 7" titanium bolts in my hips and have been fine ever since. I had what's called a slippage of my epiphisis, the top of my femur.

That has garnered a great appreciation of walking that I have to this day!

Jezz Jay...13 years old an you already have hardware installed. Some people unfortuantely are born with malformations of the long bones, myself included. I can dislocate my patella (knee cap) with the slightest lateral pressure. I need surgery on both knees, but since I no longer participate in high impact sports I'm not at a high risk for more dislocations. Dislocating each knee once is bad enough for me, so now I go to the gym 3-5 days a week with a personal trainer to keep in shape.

Anyway, I hope you have a good recovery cmhs75. Keep the ice on the area of the surgery and enjoy the "pills" for just a few days. I recommend getting a script for Vioxx if your doctor feels that it will do the job.

Feel better!

I had a hernia repaired

a few inches above my navel. Having had open heart surgery earlier this year I thought this would be "Nothing". Boy was I wrong. Imagine a vise grip holding 1 inch of your skin for a few days. The pain does NOT go away for days. I am SO GLAD that is over.
Yup, Yup, Yup!

Many horrible things can happen to us and those we love. Have fun while you are healthy, have fun whenever you can.

FWIW I am feeling GREAT now.

Im glad to hear that everyone here has survived and is doing ok......i was in a waverunner accident where someone put a jetski across my chest ....three broken ribs and a collapsed lung.....i consider myself lucky and i didnt think i was every gonna be 100% again......i know this dosent compare to going under the knife but still i value life so much more now then i ever did.

Joel said:
I can relate.

3 years ago I had surgery on my right leg. Tore my achilles.
I was terrified that I wouldn't ever walk again. Thank God that wasn't the case. I can walk, run, jump but have to admit, it will never be the same.

When I woke up from surgery, I was groggy. They forced me to sit up because they wanted to kick me out of the hospital ASAP.
They used staples on me too instead of stitches.

Have a good recovery.
:)

LOL, you had to go out of the hospital ASAP

Funny you should mention that cuz I had a story when I left the Hospital too.

I did my surgery on a Sunday. I was drugged so I slept all threw the day. The next morning, when I first got off my bed, I got a call from a HR person telling me that I should come to a job interview on Tuesday 9:00 AM and it was 200 miles away. I tried to reschedule the interview, but the guy insisted that there was no other alternative. I had to attend a job interview less than 48 hours out of surgery !

So I called up my best friend, told him to pick up a walking stick from the nearest store and met up with me at the hospital so I could escape. However, the doctor got word of what I was up to and said that my Alcatraz plan was unnecessary, they were going to get rid of me the next morning anyway.

My friend drove me to the interview and I could barley walk.

And the interview………………….. It was a total mayhem. I have a tendency to offend people unintentionally- LUD is familiar with this. And this bad nature works its best when Im nervous. In other words, when the time came for the interview, I was Hitler meats EMANEM. I really screwed up big time. All the others who were interviewed took 10 to 15 minutes, I took less than 5.

Ohh well, life goes on. I'll work on my communication skills for my next interview.But I have to heal up first. Maybe the pain from the staples were the reason I was bad.

aaahhh.. haven't had a surgery yet. and not looking forward for one.

you guys' experience sounds real painful..

i totally feel your pain, i am 18 and ive had surgery on both my knees, because i have a genetic defect and they dislocate when i walk sometimes. oh yeah, and the surgery didnt work, they still go out. sweet huh?

I had surgery on my finger a few years ago to remove a tumor. To this day the whole area around where they cut open is numb, and I'm told I'll never regain feeling because of the nerve endings were damaged??? Kinda sux, but at least the tumor is gone.

I had back surgery in 2000 after chronic back pain and finnally a bulging disk. After about 8 months of therapy, my sciatica went from my left into both legs. People told me to live with the pain and NEVER have back surgery. But after talking with a person that waited to have surgery, he informed me that the damage to his nerves from the bulging disk were permanent and he had waited too long........very sad.
I respect my health now like I never did. Going from running to having to use a walker is very humbling. Im very thankful to be healthy now and be able to do almost everything I did before...(contact sports are HISTORY!)

I can't hardly imagine what I would do with myself if I couldn't compete in sports. I play organized ball 4xs a week and feel like that isn't enough. If I'm not playing it I'm watching it.
Surgery can be a very scary thing indeed. :(

I don’t mean to scare anybody, but while I was in the hospital,. most of the bone clinic patients were in for their knees. And all of them were caused by contact sports, namely, football and weight lifting.

Now, after hearing their horror stories about how their knees just fail them, I could only be too careful about doing any physical activity

That's why the best aerobic exercise is .... SWIMMING!

Absolutely zero impact on your body. Just glide through the water (or sink if you don't know how to swim).

cmhs75 said:
I don’t mean to scare anybody, but while I was in the hospital,. most of the bone clinic patients were in for their knees. And all of them were caused by contact sports, namely, football and weight lifting.

Now, after hearing their horror stories about how their knees just fail them, I could only be too careful about doing any physical activity

Weight lifting is a contact sport?:D

Back