Just ordered my new ride

From supergo.com. Amazing deal for a bike. I've been searching the past couple months and was going to get high quality steel, but when I seen this deal I couldn't pass it up. Carbon Fiber frame priced competitive with aluminum and steel.

Attachments

• 30-0694.jpg
    30-0694.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 433
Although I know nothing about bikes I looked it up online to get a closer view of it... Artwork :)

I love the spoke design

You should be fitted first. 30 mi w/ a bad fit = PAIN

The bike costs $1500 and is available from supergo.com. Good advice about being fitted. I was fitted at a local bike shop and fall between a 56 and 57 cm. I went with a 56 since there is no 57 on that model. It doesn't matter how much you spend on a bike, if it doesn't fit, then you will not like it.

I have more than 10k miles on my old trek hybrid so I decided to treat myself, can't wait!

Awesome looking bike...

wish it came in more than just black. :(

Gets bad reviews for seat, seat post, and handlebars but all that is fixable while still staying far below the competition.

I'm almost tempted to get back into biking - I was a licensed amateur road racer many years ago - doubt if I can make it 'round my block without wheezing right now 'though.:D

Yeah i'm not sure if those were reviews for the seat that used to come with it. Sette Italia comes with it now and are by far not the worst out there.

It also doesn't have the best wheels out there. If I start breaking spokes (which i've been know to do) I'll upgrade to a Mavic Kysrium if I can afford it. Of course the seat, post, bars, wheels are all 5 times better than what I have now. ;)

So many people get back into biking right after the tour is over. Lance is inspiring.

hlweyl said:
So many people get back into biking right after the tour is over. Lance is inspiring.

This year was actually the first time that I've ever watched the tour to any extent!
I used to read about Eddie Merckx back in the day...
Lance is certainly inspiring alright - the man must be a very driven individual.

Back