Just ordered an 2005 NSX..

and the dealer told me its going to get here May of 2005!! That's half a year! I specifically want a silver/onyx 6 speed. Does anyone know of a dealership that has such a car in stock? I really don't want to wait that long!

RyRy210 said:
Greenwich has a blue '05. I don't think Acura would announce a lease offer for '05s if none of the dealers had them.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately I'm looking for a brand new one.

So...I just have to know...is it the amazing lease deal that is provoking the acquisition of a new 2005?? :smile:

White92 said:
there's an 02, the exact same car, on Ebay that's alot cheaper.
Unless there's a buy-it-now price posted, which there isn't, we have no idea how much money it would take to buy the car, since the seller's reserve price is not disclosed.

Meeyatch1 said:
So...I just have to know...is it the amazing lease deal that is provoking the acquisition of a new 2005?? :smile:

The announcement of the lease deal did give me motivation to order the car, but if it comes in May I'm not sure whether the deal is still in effect. According to the dealer the car only qualifies if its physically in their showroom, and the deal is still going on.

Does anyone remember whether the '04 deal was still in effect during the month of May '04?

With a few keystrokes on their computer, your dealer can look up exactly which dealers throughout the country have a new 2005 silver/onyx 6-speed in their showrooms.

Normal procedure is for dealers to work out a deal if one dealer has a customer and a different dealer has the car he wants in stock - either swapping cars, or for some cash consideration. If your dealer isn't willing to do that (because they're so greedy that they want ALL the profits from the transaction, and don't want to give a portion to another dealer), tell them they will lose the sale...

RyRy210 said:
Greenwich has a blue '05. I don't think Acura would announce a lease offer for '05s if none of the dealers had them.
Since the first 2005s are just starting to reach dealers (Greenwich's is the first NSX built for the U.S. market for the 2005 model year, VIN 5S000001, and Niello has a 2005 yellow automatic that is 5S000007), it's possible that most other dealers haven't received any yet. And, of course, not every dealer will receive any (let alone the color combination you're looking for).

According to their website, Greenwich Acura has a new silver 2004 NSX-T 6-speed (and an automatic silver 2004). I don't know what incentives are available on a 2004 vs 2005, or lease deals, but you might consider a 2004 instead. (However, in addition to the distance from you, Greenwich is not exactly known for the lowest prices around.) According to Autotrader, Downey Acura in SoCal has a new 2004 silver 6-speed too. I don't know interior color on either of these... but I bet you can get a great deal on a 2004.

Last edited:
RyRy210 said:
Does anyone remember whether the '04 deal was still in effect during the month of May '04?

I don't know about '04, but in '03 the lease special went through at least 6/30. I took delivery of my car in June '03 and I got the lease special.

Look before you leap...

I got my 2003 silver/onyx in nov 03 for 77K++ @ Marin Acura.
And at the time there Niello Acura Had:
2002 silver/onyx for 76K++
2003 silver/onyx for 85K++
2004 Black/onxy for 89K++
and another one on the way

I could have driven to Sacremento to save 1K but when I told them Niello's inv. they aggreed on 77K.

(Niello and some other dealer on the east coast are the only dealers rumered to be able to have more than one NSX at a time)

There are deals out there, look around :biggrin: :biggrin:

We havent recieved our 2005's yet and they dont even appear on our allocation. I have 3 05's slated to come in and they are open orders. Thats means we can still order any color combo's we want. That lease deal is simply unreal. The lease deal is always available presuming we still have cars that have not been "burned" or reported as being sold. The lease deal is actually worse for 2005 than it was for 2004 but it is still unreal. My opinion for leasing is no matter what the MSRP is; i'll pay 1.5% of MSRP. Thats a good rule of thumb and normally a reasonable deal. Anyways the last new 2004 we sold was for roughly $83k. I would love to see some PRIME member get a great deal on a new 2005 so PM and we can chat..

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
...The lease deal is always available presuming we still have cars that have not been "burned" or reported as being sold...

What does 'burned' mean??

RyRy210 said:
and the dealer told me its going to get here May of 2005!! That's half a year! I specifically want a silver/onyx 6 speed. Does anyone know of a dealership that has such a car in stock? I really don't want to wait that long!

This must be your lucky day! I see you're in Southern California and I believe Downey Acura has an '04 silver/onyx in stock at this moment. You can go here to look at their inventory and get their phone number. This car has been there for months so I think they'll give you a good deal so negotiate hard. I bought an '00 silverstone/onyx from there back in 2001. Good luck!

Pike's Peak Acura had a Silver/Silver 2004 with 1,500 miles on it. It was awful nice. I know it's not exactly what you want, but the deal might be decent.

Can someone explain the great "lease deal"? Is it really better to lease than to finance? Finance people usually don't recommend leasing since you are restircted as to milage and have to worry about the condition of the car when the lease is up. I like to own my car. That way I can do anything to it , like change it's look or performance. Does leasing allow any mods?

92 NSX red and black
2004 Monaco Diplomat

whwnsx said:
Is it really better to lease than to finance?
Does leasing allow any mods?
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/buy_sell_resources.htm
http://www.leasesource.com
http://www.leaseguide.com
http://www.edmunds.com/advice/leasing/articles/index.html?tid=edmunds.g...3.1.*

CChung said:
Downey Acura has an '04 silver/onyx in stock at this moment.
I think they'll give you a good deal so negotiate hard.
I could swear an earlier post in this topic said almost the exact same thing! :biggrin:

whwnsx said:
Can someone explain the great "lease deal"? Is it really better to lease than to finance? Finance people usually don't recommend leasing since you are restircted as to milage and have to worry about the condition of the car when the lease is up. I like to own my car. That way I can do anything to it , like change it's look or performance. Does leasing allow any mods?
A lease is not really much different than a purchase, its the turn in/sale that hurts you.
If you buy a car and stretch the payments out(long term- 60months+) then go to sell it in 3 years you may or may not be ok. Resale/residual value depends on mileage/ condition etc etc. You will probably be upside down value/loan amount wise if you have driven the car a lot or not taken care of it. In a lease all you are actually doing is paying the finance charges and the depreciation over the lease term. If you drive the car more it depreciates more, you need to pay more.
Leasing has other benefits as in tax right-offs etc.
Most people lease for the tax benefits/write off or they know approximetely the use they will get from a car and dont plan on keeping it past the lease term. A lot of people want a new car every 1,2,3 years so they lease and dont have to bother selling it.
If you plan on keeping a car a long time the only benefit to leasing is taxes/ possible lower finance rates for the lease.
Most important thing about doing a lease if you plan on keeping the car is to make sure the buyout is set before you finalize the lease.
Mods- if you are keeping the car then spraypaint it if you wish, just make sure you have all your ducks in a row. The end of 3 years in an NSX lease you need to come up with ~55K.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
We havent recieved our 2005's yet and they dont even appear on our allocation. I have 3 05's slated to come in and they are open orders. Thats means we can still order any color combo's we want. That lease deal is simply unreal. The lease deal is always available presuming we still have cars that have not been "burned" or reported as being sold. The lease deal is actually worse for 2005 than it was for 2004 but it is still unreal. My opinion for leasing is no matter what the MSRP is; i'll pay 1.5% of MSRP. Thats a good rule of thumb and normally a reasonable deal. Anyways the last new 2004 we sold was for roughly $83k. I would love to see some PRIME member get a great deal on a new 2005 so PM and we can chat..

$83K...I think there is still plenty of room. I got my 03 for 77K, the only change is keyless entry and a cd change is included. (for 6K more...nice :eek:) And I've heard of other prime members getting a better deal.

RyRy210 said:
I believe Superior Acura in KC has an '04 silver/onyx on their showroom floor right now.

Doc C said:
Pike's Peak Acura had a Silver/Silver 2004 with 1,500 miles on it. It was awful nice. I know it's not exactly what you want, but the deal might be decent.

I looked at this car - the sticker on the window.....is $93k :eek:

wagyshag said:
I looked at this car - the sticker on the window.....is $93k :eek:
Many dealers around here will put exorbitant prices on stickers on the window, but will sell cars for much less. I guess they hope that some idiot will walk in and buy it at the price posted on the sticker...

MarkB said:
An '05 w/o a warranty????
Further down in the listing, it states:

Unless otherwise stated in the vehicle description, this vehicle is being sold "as is". No representations or warranties are made by seller, nor are any representations or warranties relied upon by bidders in making bids. Manufacturer's warranties may still apply. Extended warranties may be available; please contact us for details.

It's possible that they answer the question no because they want it to be technically correct. The seller is the dealer, which does not provide a warranty. The car (presumably) comes with the standard warranty from Acura (4 years / 50K miles bumper to bumper). However, from a practical standpoint, most people would consider the car as coming with a warranty, regardless of whether it is provided by the seller or the car's manufacturer (especially since the Acura warranty is valid for service at any of the ~300 dealers nationwide, not just the selling dealer).

A more likely explanation is that they simply made an error (probably because their standard policy is not to provide a warranty on used cars, and they are more accustomed to listing used cars for auction than new ones).

If I were placing the listing, I would have shown the warranty as "Yes".

Back