Just need some opinons on a Daily I am looking at buying

Hey Guys, just need to know what you guys think of the ITR as a daily driver ? Thanks in-advance for any replies!
smile.gif

Yes, Integra Type r. it's a black 2000 with only 21,374 miles.

I think that's a great complement to your NSX. Quick, utilitarian (hatchback), reliable, rare. If you do track events and/or autocrosses, it'll be nice to choose between that and the NSX. Gene

'97 NSX-T 3.2 L
- Comptech exhaust, Dali swaybars, K&N
fipk, Cantrell concepts A.I.S.
'99 TRD Tacoma
'03 Mini Cooper S
'96 CBR 900 RR

Had a 98 (#576) for 2 years put 30K on it, loved it, no problems, above average torque for cars in its class..especially in 5th on highway brakes feel almost as good as NSX, looked forward to driving it qday. Handling oh my..Just drive one. So much fun to downshift to 3rd on highway to pass grandma driving 50 in the left lane. I only lost $4K on it with depreciation.

Driving long distances on the highway w/o cruise control, <sound deadening, and tach at ~4500 at 75 are annoying...thats the ONLY reason I sold it. Live it a pothole city? Expect a jarring ride.
Guess what nsxtasy drives besides his NSX?

Had a 98 (#576) for 2 years put 30K on it, loved it, no problems, above average torque for cars in its class..especially in 5th on highway brakes feel almost as good as NSX, looked forward to driving it qday. Handling oh my..Just drive one. So much fun to downshift to 3rd on highway to pass grandma driving 50 in the left lane. I only lost $4K on it with depreciation.

Driving long distances on the highway w/o cruise control, <sound deadening, and tach at ~4500 at 75 are annoying...thats the ONLY reason I sold it. Live it a pothole city? Expect a jarring ride.
Guess what nsxtasy drives besides his NSX?

Def. sounds like a great daily! However, I do have one more question for those that have owned one. Did anyone ever have his / her broken into ? um...stolen, parts stolen off of ? This is a def. concern for me because unfort. I do not have a 3 car garage and therefore it will always sit outside. Thanks again for the responses!!

Originally posted by wagyshag:
Def. sounds like a great daily! However, I do have one more question for those that have owned one. Did anyone ever have his / her broken into ? um...stolen, parts stolen off of ? This is a def. concern for me because unfort. I do not have a 3 car garage and therefore it will always sit outside. Thanks again for the responses!!

What part of the country are you in? If in SoCal, you're almost asking for it. Numbers don't lie. Integra's get violated all the time. But if you set yourself up with some sort of protection, you'll improve your odds. I had an Integra GS-R, and was not broken in to, but I never put the car in vulnerable situations.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

I live in CO. I have been looking at this car for a couple weeks now and I really don't know if I can overcome this feeling of it getting valdalized (not sure how to spell that): I mean, stolen is one thing - Ins. would pay for that but having parts ripped off the car would suck. I really appreciate your replies...thanks!! I think I will probably go with a regular Integra or just a Civic as a daily........

I think if I had a 3 car garage this wouldn't even be a question! But it's all good! I am very blessed - my wife let me buy the '02 blue :-)

Yeah, I got the same problem. Got a 3-car garage now, and keep thinking if I only had a 4-car garage I could get that 2nd NSX.

Can't go wrong with an Integra. Seems like it (and the S2000) are some of the most popular "alternate" vehicles among NSX owners.

Good luck!

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 31 January 2003).]

Wow lucky you. I have been searching for a nice clean ITR in SF bay area, but it seems most of them already have high mileage and many mods.
For those of you who own one, how much you get for your ITR?

Go get it
smile.gif

Just put a car cover on it to help prevent vandalism/theft.

------------------
--
'03 MDX Starlight Silver/Ebony
- 260 HP :) -> miles start to climb
'94 NSX Brooklands Green Pearl/ Onyx
- 10k miles
- GruppeM Intake & Exhaust V.3
'01 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/ Grey - 5k miles
'93 300SE MBZ - 97k miles and running strong :)

Sorry about my prior posts I was cut off? I was saying that it is a great car...but some of the cons got cut off so here goes.

Live near many potholes-expect a jarring ride
No cruise control, <sound deadening, tach at ~4500 at 75mph can get annoying on long highway drives-thats the ONLY reason I got rid of it, no cc that is.

Hint: check out dealer return leases on these, although rare I saw a dealer in Cincinnat with one priced $2-3K lower than similar ones on autotrader. A black 00 with 20K for about $18K.
Bought my 98 in 99 with 2K on it for $22K, sold it 2 years later with 30K on it for $18 or $18.5 (dont remember exactly) to a private owner as a dealer was only willing to give me $16K at that time.

Note: 01 and 02 had AC as a standard option and kept the price same. In 97 and 98 they were options thus adding ~$500. Good luck finding a 97 only ~250 made and w/o rear wiper(useless in mine)

Make sure the car is tight in every respect, for mine still had no rattles driving it yearround in pothole, OH USA.

You may want to take off the rear wing and get a GS-R spoiler, personally thought it was a bit too gaudy but it was great at night for blocking truck headlights. Also, the GS-R spoiler will help you blend-in more thus not attracting as many car thieves.

Good luck

JOHN576: Thanks for all the advice and information!! The dealer that is selling this one is asking 22k. The car looks brand new in/out. Never been messed with - completely stock even down to the air filter. I offered 18k, they are willing to take 18.5 (talking this over with my wife).
Again......thanks for the advice!!

Back