Just introducing myself,Hi !

Well Fellas i'm fairly new to the NSX scene and i just joined the club hoping to learn more about the car.I currently drive a BPU Supra TT 6-speed and i'm just after buying a '91 911 Turbo with 24K miles.
As you guys can see from my sig,i don't like stock cars as both of my cars are slightly tweaked with Supra having 424 RWHP and the Porsche around 360 rwhp.The only thing thats holding me back from buying an NSX is not having enough HP especially the torque :( yes i know comptech can fix that problem and thats exactly is the reason why i'm here,basically to educate myself about these wonderful cars.
Thanks
Car Nut

I just sold the Estoril Blue M3/4 5-speed in a hope that it will be replaced by an NSX :D
Car Nut

Attachments

• pict 7.jpg
    pict 7.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 255
Well you can put all the bhp adders that you can find on that supra, and I will meet you at Mid Ohio Road Course, and I will run my bone stock torqueless NSX and we shall see which car is faster!

Honestly the NSX may not look fast on paper, but in reality (other than a drag race from a dead stop), it is extremely fast. The faster you go, the more it pulls. Stock it will do on average between 168 and 175 mph bone stock. Add a few bolt-ons, and it will run with just about anything twice its price. If you are after a drag car, buy a Civic Hatch and drop in a Frankenstein with a K I-VTEC head and a turbo kit. 500 + bhp in a 1 ton car = sub 10's.

Get the NSX for the looks, and spirited back roads driving, and track days. The P-car???? daily driver??? :D

What about the Torque ? Isn't it right that a stock NSX has around 240 ft/lbs torque at the fly wheel ? Since most of my driving is leisure and on the weekends i can't be asking people to go to the track and see who has a faster car.With Stock HP/TQ numbers it would be hard to beat cars like BPU supra ( 424 RWHP) and stock cars like EVO (250 RWHP),STI (260 rwhp) to name few on the streets.
Don't take me wrong NSX is a beautiful car but unless until i can get atleast 340 rear wheel reliable hp i am not planning on buying one.I test drove one 4 years ago when i was looking for a car and didn't buy the NSX just 'coz of the torque.
So how can i get reliable 340 RWHP on an NSX ?
Later, Yasir

good-grief...

Car nut said:
...With Stock HP/TQ numbers it would be hard to beat cars like BPU supra ( 424 RWHP) and stock cars like EVO (250 RWHP),STI (260 rwhp) to name few on the streets.

I say you go for those cars- bang for the buck!!! WooHoo magazine-driving rulez... :p

... but unless until i can get atleast 340 rear wheel reliable hp i am not planning on buying one.I test drove one 4 years ago when i was looking for a car and didn't buy the NSX just 'coz of the torque.

Well what makes you think things have changed in four years? :rolleyes:

...So how can i get reliable 340 RWHP on an NSX ?. . .

hmmm, easy... be able to spend 10-15G's... you gotta pay2play!

FYI CarNut (Homey = term of friendship, but apparently undesired :confused: ), build some rapport & diminish the F&F rhetoric... People on this site are awesome, but they can be predatory to ignorance. You can learn alot more on the Forced Induction Forum on 'Prime- again be ready, or you'll get chewed up like Dim Sum at a fat-boy's b-day...
:cool:

Last edited:
I am an easy going guy and i'm not F&F type either.Having said that i don't want to be driving an exotic ( NSX) that can't even take say a camaro on the streets.
I have always adored these cars and the only thing that prevented me from buying one in the past was the HP/TQ.I have joined this forum in a hope to learn more about these cars and not to tell you about my supra or my Porsche ? and please don't call me homey again ;)
O forgot to mention,it isn't me who started this,it's TBELL's reply that made me write that.It's also not the first forum that i have been on.I joined Porsche rennlist back in june of last year and this year i happily bought one,so i'm not playing games either,chao.
Later, Yasir

possible paths...

hmmm, here are some personal thoughts i have...

- The 97+ NSX's w/ the 6spd transmission is an ideal place to start. :cool: (If going FI route, the OBD.NA1 (91-96) generally has more viable options and engine management / tuning options available... again I'm a novice- so I can stand to be corrected)

-Going ahead w/ the aftermarket headers & exhaust will help the h.p. ~15-20 (numbers of-course will vary). Aftermarket intake mod'z generally aren't worth the cost- as they don't optimize cold air induction (hot engine compartment air instead); however some find them aesthetically appealing. Going w/ the Cantrell AirInductionSystem along w/ a K&N filter is a worthy consideration though (less turbulent air-flow, and a nice deep sound). All in all, a very solid 3-4k investment IMHO

-Or simply "spray" :p

Generally a stock '91 NSX 5spd is competent enough to be in the company w/ C5 vettes, Evo8', WRX's, and others... etc. With H/E it may even excel them. (Z06's, Sti's w/ high-boost, and modded APU MKIV's generally are ahead in machismo straightline/drag)

Having the motley asst' of cars that you already possess- the addition of a NSX will nicely compliment the collection! The refinement, solid-feel, ergonomics and style are second to none.

Lastly, the one thing I noticed early on about the NSX is how high of a degree it's "usable/streetable" performance is... an intangible that can't be quantified. . . =)

Last edited:
Back