Just installed my Downforce CF Type R

It's cold outside and dark as hell.
Comments welcome

i460226B6-B3D3-4E5E-8A4F-BA4B2B093CF2.jpg

i419EC807-92F8-4505-990B-1D4D6875A307.jpg

Hi Matt
That looks really good on our color car. I don't think I will paint mine when I do the spoiler. I'm sure it looks really good in person. Rob

What finish did you get? I just ordered their version with the smoke clear coat.
Can you take close up picks of the finish? Looks great can’t wait for mine to come!:biggrin:

DRIFTER said:
What finish did you get? I just ordered their version with the smoke clear coat.
Can you take close up picks of the finish? Looks great can’t wait for mine to come!:biggrin:

I got the candy coated dark clear coat (I guess this is what they call smoked).

Downforce is using this for all of their products from here on forward. I have to admit...it's beautiful and you won't be disappointed.

The spoiler is definitely a nicely well made product and finish is great!
I will take more pics of my car sometime this weekend if I get a chance.

Last edited:
By the way, I got the Type R version and not the Downforce R version so you can see where it protrudes a bit from where the spoiler front legs meet the trunk.

Install is fine. I will have to take off the wing again since I didn't do the wiring yet. I didn't have any crimps so I need to go pick some up today along with some other things.
The hardest part was ripping off the OEM spoiler. It had all of that double sided tape and would not come off.
Did you use double sided tape for yours or just bolt it in?

As for the Shark antenna. It works fine for me. I don't know what the factory antenna is like since I already bought some mods before I even got my car and I knew I wanted to get rid of the telescoping antenna.
I would guess it works 95% of reception vs 100% of OEM. It's a great trade off for me cuz I hated the look of that telecoping antenna.
If you do get the Shark, let's just say you're in for a fun time trying to get that nut to screw on from the inside. That took forever cuz my fingers wouldn't fit in the hole.

Bro, you should have called me over. I would have gladly helped you by standing there and watching you! :D

Hi Matt,

The Downforce NSX-R wing is amazing to look at. It is much better looking in real life than it is in a picture.
I installed my own one just last week on a red/black NSX and I think it looks very good. Makes the car look much more agressive now.

I did NOT use any double-sided tape to put it on the car. However, I did just use some masking tape (on the wing) to protect the paint from the trunk under the wing from scratching. It is not possible to see it with the wing mounted but it will protect the paint whenever I want to put the original wing back.

BTW, in our second picture, is your trunklid fully closed. I see that the edge of your trunk is a little higher than your right fender ?? Which is not how it is supposed to be.

The trunk was not closed when I took that pic.

After having the wing on for a bit, I have to say I really like it. The stance of the car seems to be more aggressive too. Of course, it may all be my way of quantifying keeping it (which I am) :smile:

Back