just in, and wanted to say hello to everyone

Got my formula red six speed 32000 mile 97 NSX-T with Basch boost 6lb in today. It was shipped within state. I started out to go for a test run around the block but ended up driving around for 45min. When I got back, I couldn't stop staring at the car which forced me to break out the leather conditioner for the seats..I ended up giving the engine a quick detail. The previous owner had so much engine components chromed that I thought I struck gold for a second!

All I can say is that I am smiling "Ear to ear, baby!" :D

Sweet! Now, run a clay bar on that paint and put your favorite Z* wax on it next time you plan on washing it! :D

I love cleaning my car, and can sympathize with "quick touch-ups" gone outta control. :D

how long does it take to do the clay bar, and what does it actually do for the car? I am old school when it comes to detailing but I have heard a lot of people mention the claybar.

detailing...it's better than drugs!!!:cool:

bagman said:
how long does it take to do the clay bar, and what does it actually do for the car?
Figure an hour or so to do the whole car. It removes surface contaminants and oxidation. Good stuff.

My local detailing pro says that Clay Magic is better than the other brands of clay products. They have a patent which makes theirs different from the others. Apparently Clay Magic acts as an adhesive, rather than an abrasive. That's what he said, anyway...

I'm sold on Clay Magic, plus it's the cheapest one I've ever found around my area... $9.99 a box i think. :)

Double check Autozones near you, that's where I scored it. Yep, I just checked my quicken, 9.99 a box, $10.59 total with tax.

Bagman -

Congratulation on the purchase. Drive with respect and enjoy the ride.

As for the Claybar, I've been reading about claybar for several weeks and pretty much dismissed it as a "gimmic". Well, I've tried Claybar and I can tell you that IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! The paint feels so smooth and the true color of the car comes out. I first tried it on my white Civic and wow, in the sun, you could hardly look at it without sun glasses. Very very cool stuff.

Post pictures when you can. We all want to see your new ride.

thanx for the comments and posts

thanks for the kind words and information everyone. I love this forum...people are so nice around here. I gonna have to try that clay magic out bcuz the car definitely needs a good waxxin..

I am on my way to Acura to fix a broken passenger mirror, before shipping the owner backed it into his garage and clipped the mirror..to the horror of the shippers and himself...(Argggg!! My heart just dropped when I heard that)

I will some pix later today or tomorrow..

thanks again everyone..;)

Congrats! Now we really need to get the Houston guys together and go for a cruise!! :D
Z

Sterling McCall Acura is gonna charge $750 to fix the passenger side mirror..ouch:eek:
If I didn't think I needed it then..

do u guys know of any replacements for the center console that houses the armrest/cup holder..it's in horrible shape.

I am up for a cruise anytime...

Attachments

• nsxhome.jpg
    nsxhome.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 128
check out the nice chrome work in the engine bay..
supercharged for her pleasure..

Attachments

• nsxengine.jpg
    nsxengine.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 144
Clay Bars really work! I had some overspray or something on my Silverado that wouldn't come off with soap and water. I had these Clay Bars lying around (I was too chicken to use them on my NSX) so I tried it out and they worked. It took the problem areas right off. There wasn't a sign of the overspray and the Clay Bars left no scratches or rub marks. I was amazed at how efficiently they work. The only problem is now I have to do the rest of the truck and my NSX.

Congrats on the car looks sharp!

Two In Houston

Got my formula red six speed 32000 mile 97 NSX-T with Basch boost 6lb in today

Well, I thought I'd be the only BBSC NSXer in Houston, but I'm glad I'm not! :D We need to hookup!!!! And guess what color mine is. :cool:

Back