Just had to share

As a new owner, really reticent to put it away for the winter, however here in St. Louis, we could have snow this week, so I did last week. Had 3 hours of sunshine yesterday before the clouds and rain so I took the steed for a 2 hour run after being covered for a week and a half. Strange thoughts while on the interstate.

How am I enjoying this so much when the speedometer is indicating only 1/3 of what my car is capable of? Part if it is getting to 60 faster than anyone else, and part is knowing that I probably could almost reach that notch.

Thanks Joe.
Don Kusterer

good for you,I had too many errands to run today but I got to at least wash the nsx for winter...I'll still run it on dry days above 20 deg.We had great weather for Dec here in NE Pa.

As a new owner, really reticent to put it away for the winter, however here in St. Louis, we could have snow this week, so I did last week. Had 3 hours of sunshine yesterday before the clouds and rain so I took the steed for a 2 hour run after being covered for a week and a half. Strange thoughts while on the interstate.

How am I enjoying this so much when the speedometer is indicating only 1/3 of what my car is capable of? Part if it is getting to 60 faster than anyone else, and part is knowing that I probably could almost reach that notch.

Thanks Joe.
Don Kusterer

Even as a 6-7 year owner now, putting the NSX away for the winter is just not in the cards! Like docjohn, I'll drive it on clear & dry days through the winter. Just have to be really careful, as the Dunlop Star-Spec summer high performance tires don't grip :redface::eek::redface:
LBBP is tucked away and sleeping, though...

no rain, no snow=weekend rider all winter however my boat and bike are soundly asleep till may

Mine stays under the cover in the garage. Occasionally on a nice day IF and ONLY IF it had rained three times since the last time the roads were salted.

LOL funny story, at the end of the winter last year I was invited to participate in a KUHMO tire event. They gave me a free set of tires just for putting the NSX in the show. My Passenger/friend still makes fun of me for what i did.

I pulled the car out about 20 minutes before he arrived and put the heat on high. When he got in the car he asked why i made it so warm inside. I told him it was because I wanted the leather to be soft so it didnt get any cracks/creases :biggrin: Well I get made fun of quite often for the way I baby my car but I dont mind one bit.

You know there is an upside to having to store it for winter. You can get all your projects done {you know you have them because it never ends} and the thrill of taken it out when spring hits.

What are you doing in the interstate with sooooo many fine back roads here to carve :wink:? Glad you like her.
I didn't have time for the backroads, in the spring or on a sunny day, up 3 to Pere Marquette State Park and then North to come home the back way, or out hwy 94 to the airport. Don't think I'll chance the ferry yet.

Are there any St. Louis events?
Don

Took the girl out of storage today 40's, sunny and a trip through Missouri wine country to Washington MO to the Gary Lucy Gallery. He's a local artist who is famous for his paintings of the UPS trucks of the 19th century, Missouri River packet boats and other historical things along with wildlife.

The wine country Hwy 94 is a winding road with a lot of tight turns from US 40 to Washington MO and were it not for my wife saying that she was uncomfortable at the speeds we were moving, I would have ratcheted things up a notch.

Great afternoon, new print of Lewis and Clark leaving St. Charles MO in July 1804 will be gracing the walls of our humble abode as our Christmas present to each other. Just passing up prints of the Robert E. Lee winning the race from New Orleans to St. Louis, and the Arabia, a packet, sunk in the early 1800's in 20 minutes, which was raised from 200 feet under a Missouri corn field,with her cargo intact and now on display in Kansas City. Someone said that even the pickles and wine were consumable after over 100 years. Amazing restoration of what was aboard. Only loss of life was a mule tied to an anvil.

The gal ran like a cheetah, cornered like a gazelle, and was just a bunch of fun gathering looks and people taking shots of her, getting thumbs up all along the way.

I'm in short sleeves and driving with the targa top at home earlier today ~ so nice to be in CA :biggrin:

rub it in......:frown:.....but you all do pay a price for that luxury.

I didn't have time for the backroads, in the spring or on a sunny day, up 3 to Pere Marquette State Park and then North to come home the back way, or out hwy 94 to the airport. Don't think I'll chance the ferry yet.

Are there any St. Louis events?
Don

I usually don't scan this forum, mostly watch the Midwest forum for events. We (NSX owners) usually have a few get-together rides when the weather improves. The ferry's are safe but if your car is lowered that might be a problem. The Montelle winery on HWY 94 has the best deck with the best view in St. Louis (check open times online). See ya in the spring :frown:.

Another good couple of days, another excuse to get her out from under the cover for a Trader Joe run etc. etc.:smile:

Took the cover off, the tender off, let air out of the tires (I overninflate them for the winter), took the top off, went to Trader Joe's, a few other errands, enjoyed every minute of it. Larry B just finished giving it some tender loving care, it's "purring"!!!!

Took the cover off, the tender off, let air out of the tires (I overninflate them for the winter), took the top off, went to Trader Joe's, a few other errands, enjoyed every minute of it. Larry B just finished giving it some tender loving care, it's "purring"!!!!

wow that is a lot of work just to drive the car! I guess being on west coast is nice. It's 62 outside and I rarely put my Targa top on these days. Going out for a spin later.

can't deny mother nature,52 today in NE pa....so had to go for a little rip.

Back