Just Got My NSX!

Just got my 95 Black NSX and I am extremely EXCITED about it!!

Ive been checking out PRIME for years and am now finally an am FIRED UP to be official member.

Since this is my first thread ever, Im just testing it out so just wanted to start out by getting everyones thoughts on my new baby....

1995 Black Acura NSX

53000 Original Miles.. Paid 25k (I think I did pretty good relative to the market for these cars)

Any thoughts about how the 95's perform? Any issues I should be looking out for? Ideal wheel and tire fitments? ( Im thinking 17/18 and some coilovers vs. 18/19)

Thanks Again..stay tuned for pics and more details!

Congrats. Keep reading, plenty of info. If there arent any maintainence record avail, you can start with the regular. TB and WP, radiator hoses. Then you should be set. My is a 93. Even with low miles, u have to take age in consideration. As far as wheels and tires, its personal taste. Look around, everyone have something different to offer.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well done my friend. I can't wait for my "special day". :frown: I have been dreaming about getting one for years, and it never has come to the forefront.

One day I will be in your shoes, but until then, I wish you nothing but happiness.
Enjoy these sleepless nights! I can only imagine, every so often you will be creeping downstairs or glancing out your window, to look at your new found love, saying to youself "Wow, I can't believe I finally own one, is this really happining"....

I know that's going to be me!

Wow Congrats . 25 is cheap also . Did well

Just got my 95 Black NSX and I am extremely EXCITED about it!!

Ive been checking out PRIME for years and am now finally an am FIRED UP to be official member.

Since this is my first thread ever, Im just testing it out so just wanted to start out by getting everyones thoughts on my new baby....

1995 Black Acura NSX

53000 Original Miles.. Paid 25k (I think I did pretty good relative to the market for these cars)

Any thoughts about how the 95's perform? Any issues I should be looking out for? Ideal wheel and tire fitments? ( Im thinking 17/18 and some coilovers vs. 18/19)

Thanks Again..stay tuned for pics and more details!

On the surface $25K sounds like a steal. You made no reference to accidents, clean title, service records, pride of prior ownership. All this could add serious $$$ to get it in tip top shape. Meaning a good deal in the low $30K. You'll need to expand on the cars history to determine if a steal. But when all said and done, congratulations and welcome to NSX ownership.

Check out Wiki for info on issues with these cars. As for tires and rims, personal preference. Test drove an 18/19'er and the front wheels rubbed the fender. I'm a purist so stock it should stay.

Last edited:
welcome.nsx ownership is a lot of fun.mine performs just great.as a fellow 95 owner,i'll point out some nice changes made that year: a lower 2nd gear,drive by wire,and a new lsd that increases corner exit speeds.
these are described in the wiki
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Changes_by_Year#Changes_for_1995

the targa adds a little weight,but it's great having the roof open to the sky,and 100 lb. doesn't make much difference.

i like the stock wheels,they're forged ,which is the best method of wheel construction.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! Although you say you've been on Prime for a while, I like to remind all new users about the wealth of information in the Wiki (option on the action bar at the top of most pages). For instance, in the "Modifying your NSX" section, there is lots of information on aftermarket wheel considerations. And you'll probably want to browse through the "Repairing/Troubleshooting" section to get a feel for solutions to a lot of problems. "Caring for" also has a lot of DIY maintenance activities (which also have their own section.
Enjoy! Hope you have a great experience.

Congrats on becoming a new owner, wealth of info here on Prime to support your ownership and driving desires

Pics ?

congrats!!!!! you sir are one lucky man.

nsx has been my only dream car so ive been lurking around for one that fits my needs.

On the surface $25K sounds like a steal. You made no reference to accidents, clean title, service records, pride of prior ownership. All this could add serious $$$ to get it in tip top shape. Meaning a good deal in the low $30K. You'll need to expand on the cars history to determine if a steal. But when all said and done, congratulations and welcome to NSX ownership.

Check out Wiki for info on issues with these cars. As for tires and rims, personal preference. Test drove an 18/19'er and the front wheels rubbed the fender. I'm a purist so stock it should stay.

By the time you finish bringing this one up to maintenance standards it will have cost you a lot more. That's ok - some prefer doing the work themselves and some like Shawn DIY. Nothing wrong with that approach.

Important thing is now you have one and it sounds like a good one! All the best and welcome aboard - pictures or it didn't happen!:wink:

Congrats I just got one too but I paid 28k and it has 78k miles on it :frown:

Its not apples to apples like that so dont feel bad. All cars are this way. I would say that Ken's (for sale here) is a better deal at $30k, despite being a 91 with high miles and having had an engine rebuild, than 99% of the samples that are purchased newer, with fewer miles and for less money.

As was said above, it is all in the history of the car and all that matters really is that you got one inside of your own budget parameters.

Ive never seen a car of any marque that was "a steal" that didnt have history, but often folks dont care or choose not to know. It was this way for me with my first NSX too. I got a great deal on an NA2, but it turned out the car had had extensive repair work that I would have sworn had never happened and that a PPI had failed to turn up, yet was clearly there when pointed out to me by a real body expert.

It didnt matter though because the car ran well, served me well until I traded it on a new one, and at the time fit in my budget :D

Congrats to both of you guys, welcome aboard, and many happy miles!

welcome to our NE region! Please consider joining our national club the nsxca and please try to make it to nsxpo which is in your backyard this year! You would really enjoy our 2 day track event which will allow you to experience your car's true potential,without having to worry about cops/lights/and pedestrians:biggrin:

Back