just got back from the dealer-NSX

they want 18,500 trade diff. between my '00 gts viper for there '02 longbeach blue.the nsx has 6700 mi.
what do you guys think,should i go for it or hold out for a better deal?

Can you sell the Viper for more than 53k-55k elsewhere? That is the real question (I really do not know th answer, I do not know the US market for used Vipers)
confused.gif

Originally posted by randall:
they want 18,500 trade diff. between my '00 gts viper for there '02 longbeach blue.the nsx has 6700 mi.

Since the market now for exotics is not going well, i say that this trade deal is not too bad. i was interested in the viper GTS ACR package a while back and found a deal for a brand new 2001 model for $20k off msrp which means $67k for me. Therefore, the price you are getting for your trade and the price of the NSX ($72-72k maybe) is not too bad. Also, you have to consider the arrival of the 2003 vipers which might drive the price down for the previous ones.

Just my thought.....good luck!!

btw: good choice on the blue....my favorite!!

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

[This message has been edited by Blue Knight (edited 07 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Blue Knight (edited 07 January 2003).]

It's also worth considering whether there are sales tax savings involved.

In some states (e.g. Illinois), you can sell a car privately and deduct the selling price from the car you're buying from a dealer before calculating the sales tax; this could save you thousands (perhaps $4K) either way.

In some states, you can only deduct the selling price if you're trading the car in at the same dealer where you're buying; this could save you thousands, but only as a trade-in, not in a private sale.

In some states (e.g. California, as I understand it), you have to pay sales tax on the full purchase price of the car you're buying, regardless of whether you're trading in another car or not.

And in some states (e.g. Oregon), there isn't any sales tax to worry about, so there is no tax effect on either transaction.

Ken,you are correct.i live in Kansas,if i did not trade to dealer i'd have to pay tax on the full amount.

Originally posted by randall:

Sounds like Wolfe Jr. put some time in the seat w/his daily driver.

If you have another daily driver maybe you should try and sell the GTS yourself that way you don't get hit so hard on the trade in value. As mentioned before, the market is soft, especially during the winter months and KC isn't exactly a hot bed of activity. If you can get rid of it yourself, then you can go back w/o and I bet they would be more willing to deal or wait until we get one of the two week cold spells when things arn't moving so well for them, who knows. I know from past dealing w/them, they will call you back!

Are they are showing you low to mid 50's for the Viper as trade value ? Wondering as I don't follow BB values anymore on the GTS.

i think the deal is done.
'02 longbeach blue on blue,factory chrome wheels,keyless,cd changer
sticker shows 92k
selling to me for 72k w/ 53.5k trade-in
if i sold the viper outright i'd have to get 4000 more for the sales tax diff. so i think the deal is right on.
smile.gif

the first thing i need to do is to learn how to use my new digital camera,second is to learn how to post them.i may need your help!
smile.gif

Make it happan & congrats. Someone else bought the Yellow 02 they had @ Wolfe 2 months ago. Lives a few blocks from me and huckster in the Lakewood area, although we havn't gotten in contact with him yet. Not to many of us in the area so maybe we can go for a blast in the Spring. FLOOR IT!!!

welcome back, man. Just thinking of you the other day. glad to hear all is well.

give me a call in the near future(800)678 6310.

yeah, Tom is right, there's a yellow nsx like 8 houses away from me. havent had the chance to talk to him yet(or her?)

Back