Just Bought One!

OK, it's official -I just bought an '01 red/tan NSX-T 6 speed with 12,975 miles on it (JH4NA21601T000113) from Michael Lasko at Bridgewater Acura in Bridgewater New Jersey.

I flew out to New Jersey this morning and saw the car; then the fun began....he had me over the ropes and we fought it out for a while.... but in the end I think we both got what we wanted.

I have to give thanks to Michael Lasko and Ted Giordano for putting this deal together for me. The Acura Certified car car is coming with a car cover and the Acura 7 year/100K extended warranty. I paid a fair price for a nice car.

Now I just have to get the car to California via transport. Anybody have any recommendations on a covered transport?????

I can't wait to start enjoying it. This is going to be a weekend car for my wife and I; though it will be her car. Oh, don't worry, her last car was a '97 Porsche 993 (911) coupe with the S equipment. She can handle anything she drives and put most guys to shame.

Again, Michael Lasko and Ted Giordano - Thank you.

Cairo

Cairo94507 said:

Now I just have to get the car to California via transport. Anybody have any recommendations on a covered transport?????

Cairo

Intercity has a great reputation. That's who I would go with.

For shipping, I have used Transcar.org a few times and have been happy with both experiences. They are also more reasonable than any other company that I called. You can ship it enclosed truck or not, but it is up to you. Enclosed is obviously double the price. Good luck.

Use the search we have had many threads discussing transportation.

Congradulations Cairo, excellent choice. Last year of the old pop ups. Regarding transport. I just purchased an nsx from New York and I need to ship the car back myself. Maybe we can work a deal with a transport company if you're interested.

Cairo94507 said:
OK, it's official -I just bought an '01 red/tan NSX-T 6 speed with 12,975 miles on it (JH4NA21601T000113) from Michael Lasko at Bridgewater Acura in Bridgewater New Jersey.

------------------------------------------------------------
Congrads, may I ask 01 why not 02?
-Aaron

Re: Re: Just Bought One!

Zanardi 0 said:

------------------------------------------------------------
Congrads, may I ask 01 why not 02?
-Aaron

Probably cuz you get a much better looking car for less money:D :p :cool:

Cairo94507 said:

My car went on the trailer from outside of Boston on the 4th. Due in LA on the 16th. I went with TNT Transport, Mary Anno was the contact person.

Well, after reading all of the various feedback re transports and factoring that in, I am going to hire Intercity Carriers, 800.281.6966, to bring our new baby home. They own their own rigs, they are fully insured, the driver that picks the car up is the one that delivers it, door to door service, no transfers, other trucks, etc. Oh, enclosed transport of course. The cost is $1,675 to go from coast to coast.

The only problem is it could take up to two weeks to get the car on their trailer and then 10 days to get here. Oh well that is the way it goes. Because gas prices in California are so wacked, they added a 5% sur-charge on to theri price to get to the $1,675.

I was surprised that a lot of other carriers were higher: Horseless Carriage, $1,850; TNT $1,895; Cross Country Auto Transport $1,675 (but they are only brokers and your car can get transferred all over the place from truck to truck, etc).

I checked with my insurance carrier and they said just make sure that someone does a walk around and notes any damage prior to it getting on the carrier and then make sure you do a walk around when it arrives. (Duhh!).

So, thta is that, once it arrives and I get it cleaned up. I will shoot some pics and post them, as if you guys have not seen enough stock red NSX's.....but this is my NSX!

Thanks for the advice and help, Cairo

As an update, I was going to use Intercity Trabsport, but after they delayed my pick-up twice, each time I called they would tell me two to three weeks before we can get the car, meanwhile a week had gone buy and then a few additional days and they still could not promise me anything better than two to three weeks, I cancelled the contract, no fee charged by the way, and hired Horseless Carriage. Car was in my garage in less than two weeks, well worth the extra $175 it cost me.

Back