Just Bought an NSX!!

Just Bought an NSX!! (with pics link)

Hi,

I'm an NSX fan for a long time, but now, finally, i just bought my own...

it's a 1997 one (still 3.0), red / red, and has the 98 stock rims.

The car is like new (i'll post photos as soon as i can), and was bought to the original owner, e very good german friend that had 3 simultaneous NSX all bought brand new, this 97 one, a 98 one (with 02 front conversion) and a 04.

I have a question for you all, NSX experts, and for your knowledge, i live in Lisbon, Portugal.

My car was first selled at Feb 1997 in Germany to the guy i bought it from.
When i go to a Portuguese Honda Dealer and inserted the VIN, it says its a 94 model. In the maintenance manual, where the car data and first owner data is written, it appears "94" in "Rg-Nr:" field and in the "Typ:" field.

In the date of first license plate is "97".

Is it possible that Honda had the chassi done in 94, and assembled the car in 97 to sell it??
or
was the car totally assembled in 94 and just selled in 97 ???

this is something that intrigues me.

hope someone have an idea of what this is due.

Thank you all,
Nuno

Last edited:
Sounds like a 94. What's the 1st 5 of the VIN number?
Is it a coupe? 5 speed? NA1 or NA2 on the VIN?
(JH4NA1 is the first 5 characters on my 94's VIN)
Guess coupes were available over there after 94
but the 3.0 sounds like the best clue so far.
(edit, I am not an expert on NSX's :biggrin:)

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/changesbyyear.htm

Last edited:
I already saw that page on the prime.

this is a coupe, 3.0, 5 speed. in the VIN it says NA1 (I think that NA2 is for the 3.2 97+, right?) and the engine is the C30A3

In europe, the coupes were always sold, and i say this only because i see NSX of all years and months, very few of them are Targas.

Thanks,
Nuno

I know this is not a US Spec car, but is there no sticker in the door jamb with a production date on it? I would think they would put that on regardless of the other info.

I'll see that (door info), first thing in the morning.

about the VIN, i saw the prime FAQ about it, but is stated there is for North American VINS...my is a European one....in my VIN, the 10th digit is a number...the "0" (zero), the 11th is a letter, the "T". So, as you see, it doesn't match...

Just to help you out, my complete VIN is JHMNA11600T300020

Well, what ever yr. it is, you have an NSX!
Congrats! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yeah...thanks MCM... that's, for me, the main issue....i do now OWN a NSX.....

and this is like new.... i have some photos from my cell phone (a nokia 6630 :wink:), but right now i need a SSH client to upload them to my host .. :mad:
as soon as i can, i post them..

EDIT: I uploaded them to Primes members photos :biggrin:

here is the link

Thanks,
Nuno

Last edited:
Wow!
Looks really nice! :smile:
Is that factory paint?

International question here........
(were all 94's built with black tops? (aside from green?)

Yes, it's the factory paint besides:

1 - Front bumper and valance (high way marks)
2 - Top, the first owner liked more in red, so after he bought new, in black, he had it painted in the Honda Dealer, of the same Formula Red as the rest of the car.

EDIT: I'll upload later this week, some High Resolution photos so you can see how good is the car. :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

Congrats on the new car!

If I am not mistaken, car years in Europe are based on the year they are titled not manufactured. So, likely your car is manufactured to 94 specs and first titled in 1997.

Post some pics, we all know 94 is the best year. :wink: :biggrin:

Nice car. The car just looks like a 1994 to me. I also own a 1994. Congratulations! You are now an NSX owner!

I notice that the car has an Ayrton Senna decal, clearly a tribute to the late F1 driver who helped Honda develop the NSX, and who owned several NSXs in his lifetime.

What are the four buttons in the center console behind the shifter?

Last edited:
Hi,

That Ayrton Senna decal is my tribute to the Man. He helped in the planning and testing of NSX. He had 2 of them in Portugal, in his house, a Black one and a Red one. They were the first 2 of the production line, the chassi 001 and 002. One is in a museum and the other in a private collection, one in London and the other in Monaco.

The butons, are for Fog lights (that i removed), head lights height adjustment and the rest i've got to see, don't remember :confused:

Thanks,
Nuno

Back