just bought a '91

After owning several vettes(98,05, & 06 Z06), I have finally purchased an NSX. It is a '91 5-speed, black, with the 7-spoke wheels from the mid years. The only modifications were the wheels and a stainless cat-back exhaust. Comptech maybe? 53,000 miles. The paint is pretty flawless other than typical minor road rash on the front bumper. Interior is in above average condition, easily a 9 on the 1 to 10 scale. It appears to have been garage most, if not all, of its life, as the parts that tend to fade in the sun are not faded at all. I got it from a Nissan dealer. Former owner apparently traded it (and a truck) for a GTR. I had it checked prior to purchase at an Acura dealer, who did a great job. Both the mechanic and the advisor were enthusiastic NSX owners. It checked out fine. The only problems were fairly typical NSX items: did not look like it had a timing belt replacement, the engine cover and trunk struts were not holding up, and there was a tiny drip from the radiator overflow tank and another from one of the vtec actuators. All of that is being fixed this coming Tuesday.

Family loves it. Wife is thrilled that I am only spending about 30k after all the repairs, compared to mid 80k’s on the last vette.

Driving experience is excellent. Great view from the driver’s seat. Fantastic steering. Enough power to have fun. Styling is extremely attractive and has aged spectacularly.

No modifications in the future. If I get that itch, I will buy a second car that has already been messed with. This one is too pristine to change.

I buy interesting cars because I like them, not because of what other people think, but it is very interesting to get nearly as many people rubbernecking this car as did the Z06. One car that had a young couple in it circled us like a shark, with the girl in the passenger seat leaning over to take pictures. My wife thought it was funny.

I have recommended this car to friends for a decade. I am glad I finally took my own advice.

Congratulations on your purchase. Enjoy.

I really like the appearance of the late model Corvettes. How do they compare, ride wise to the nsx? I know my 92 nsx has way more power and feels more planted then my 06 s2000. Was thinking about selling my s2000 and just having one car due to the lack of power But I don't feel comfortable parking the nsx anywhere like I do the s2000. decisions, decisions

I really like the appearance of the late model Corvettes. How do they compare, ride wise to the nsx? I know my 92 nsx has way more power and feels more planted then my 06 s2000. Was thinking about selling my s2000 and just having one car due to the lack of power But I don't feel comfortable parking the nsx anywhere like I do the s2000. decisions, decisions

You are worrying too much about your NSX - drive it and quite worrying about where you park it - just keep it in sight. I know that makes me feel a bit more comfortable about it. However I do have another car to drive when I don't want mine in the rain. So I understand that because you have to have at least one car you can drive ...well like a car. LOL. It's all fun - but you need to update your personal info - it says your looking for a car but haven't gotten one yet. Happy motoring - these NSXs sure are fun aren't they!

Now to the originator of this thread - Brad of FL - glad you took your own advice and joined in here. Congrats on the purchase and I know you'll love it. I feel the same way about my 91 with 43k on it - it's in great shape inside and out but I'd say you got a little better deal on your. I've got around 33.5k in mine but I had to do a little more than apparently you are having to do. But I have a silver one and it's just what I wanted, so I guess I'm very happy as I'm sure you are.

Last edited:
Back