Just bought a 2017 Acura nsx. New to the form.

lookin good! Launch in peace:biggrin:

Enjoy the car!! Fantastic color choice (an unbiased opinion :) ).

Last edited:
Thanks!

love the car.
sadly the car is in service. When I try to accelerate fast I get an error “fuel system problem. Vehicle performance limited” and the power cuts off. Resets when I restart the car. But happens every time. Only 500kms on the car (In Canada)

The car looks like it is loaded. Welcome and I am sure you will have a smile on your face once your issue is resolved. Enjoy.

Error codes seem to have a strong relation to a weak battery. If this car sat that long this could be a likely cause. Have them check and replace the battery. I do not know if the Li battery could also be in need of replacement. Hopefully they will figure it out quickly and you'll be enjoying your car sooner than later.

Was it a new car with low miles???

The car has basically been sitting for 4 to 5 years. I’m sure that it’s something minor.

I don't think the car sat, so I'm going to assume it was a used purchase.

The problem does sound consistent with a weak battery, but "fuel system problem" doesn't seem consistent with the problems that people like myself and others have had with a weak battery. However, this does bring up more concern for how the car is so dependent on the 12v system.

Perhaps "sat" was the wrong term. Shoulda said that it was definitely "sitting" for quite a while as it's a 2017 with 500km (300miles).

I just bought the car from a dealer (another brand dealer that sells exotic cars) thinking I was the first buyer. However, when registering the car at Acura it seems the car was registered to someone else. I wonder if someone bought this as an investment and sold it to cut their losses. I’m speculating. It is a very early car based on the number in the engine bay (less than 200).

Error codes seem to have a strong relation to a weak battery. If this car sat that long this could be a likely cause. Have them check and replace the battery. I do not know if the Li battery could also be in need of replacement. Hopefully they will figure it out quickly and you'll be enjoying your car sooner than later.

Was it a new car with low miles???

Correct. It was a used purchase.

I don't think the car sat, so I'm going to assume it was a used purchase.

The problem does sound consistent with a weak battery, but "fuel system problem" doesn't seem consistent with the problems that people like myself and others have had with a weak battery. However, this does bring up more concern for how the car is so dependent on the 12v system.

Smart move. It's unfortunate that with such low mileage that you don't have much time left on the bumper to bumper warranty. Out some miles on it and enjoy it. If any error messages appear, make sure to take a quick photo of it and bring the car in for service.

Hard to know why a 3 year old car still only has 200 miles on it? Your Acura dealer will surely be able to tell when it was first purchased and put into service. Hopefully it was a high optioned car and sat on a dealer showroom for a long time thus giving you you more warranty time. And yes, put the miles on it......

Don't mean to be nosey but curious if your purchase price was +/- $100K?

Enjoy and best of luck.....

Next time you converse with your dealer ask them what the "In Service Date" is. This is when the original warranty began. You might be surprised. The car could have sat with a dealer for sometime before finally being sold for the first time. So there still may be some remaining warranty on the car. My 2017 sat for 1 1/4 years before being sold so my warranty is still good until May 2022. Having said that there has been reported that Acura will offer an extended warranty. So there is hope if having a warranty is important. I know you will enjoy your car.

I have to ask if an extended warranty if available. The service manager I asked was not sure. I wonder if it is worth it. I got this car because I thought it would be very reliable.

Next time you converse with your dealer ask them what the "In Service Date" is. This is when the original warranty began. You might be surprised. The car could have sat with a dealer for sometime before finally being sold for the first time. So there still may be some remaining warranty on the car. My 2017 sat for 1 1/4 years before being sold so my warranty is still good until May 2022. Having said that there has been reported that Acura will offer an extended warranty. So there is hope if having a warranty is important. I know you will enjoy your car.

Warranty expires in oct 2020. Paid $165K + tax (Canadian) could have gotten a cheaper one for $150 but would have not been the colour I wanted and not optioned up with higher mileage. Still have to check on the extended warranty. The service manager was not sure if one was available.

Welcome Bigfoot, and enjoy the car! I’m sure it’s just a minor issue. It could even be something a simple as a dirty fuel filter. Who knows, maybe the car sat for a long period with gas in the tank without a fuel stabilizer. That would not be good.

The dealer allocation of 2017 NSX's has been sitting on various dealers showroom since day one, and some are still on these showroom floors. Most are high options cars with all the Carbon goodies.
Unlike the US, Acura Canada never offered any incentives, hence the reason why these cars have been sitting since 2017. Some may have been auction off to other used car dealers at a discount....I suspect this is one of these cars.

Bram

weird ...Why would Acura Canada not follow the US's lead....:confused:

Back