Just became NSX owner today!!!!! YEAH

Just got myself a 95 NSX for about 35K and its got 40K miles on it. Took me 5 hour in dealer's office to get this deal, but its all worth. Anyway just want to say hi to everyone in NSXPRIME. I haven't put a mile on the car yet, because I can't drive manual. My plan was to learn how to drive manual first and then get a NSX, but this deal came to me as a surprise so whatda hell. Anyway you guys will probably see me very often cause I got a lot question about NSX. First question I'd to ask is how do I start the car? I have no basic knowledge about manual car at all. If possible please give me some advice on something that I need to look out when drive a manual transmission.

Thanks

nautica918 said:
how do I start the car? I have no basic knowledge about manual car at all.
Here are my suggestions (assuming you are not a troll):

1. Read these previous topics:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15189
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1863

2. Find another car (not your NSX) to use for learning how to drive a manual transmission.

3. Have a friend who knows how to drive a manual transmission give you a lesson or two, or else take a lesson or two from a local driving school. Don't try to learn it alone.

Hey Nautica,

I assume that you since you don't know how to start the car, you bought it without knowing if the engine runs or how the car drives?

Sounds like you got a killer deal!

Congrats!! Another Midnight Pearl Owner!!

Have someone drive your car to the large parking lot, and learn to drive the manual. It's quite easy to move the car, but it will take some time to feel comfortable especially when you start from the stop, and when you are on the hill.

Just take your time, and relax!! You will love it.

Make sure that you have someone check out if the clutch slips at all. If so, you will have a bit of difficult time learning to drive the manual.

Good luck!!

nautica918 said:
do you have any idea how many midnight pearl was produced in 95?
Let me introduce you to the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions). It is a beautiful thing. You can find it by clicking on the word FAQ where it appears at the top of your screen, in the red bar that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

You can find the answer to this question by clicking on General Information and then clicking on Production Numbers.

nautica918 said:
i think midnight pearl was discontinued after 97 right?
No. But you'll find this out when you look at the chart in the Production Numbers section of the FAQ.

Welcome to PRIME and congrats on your car, you won't be able to stay out of it :D As far as learning how to drive a manual car, ask a friend that has a beater car to learn on.

nautica918 said:
Just got myself a 95 NSX for about 35K and its got 40K miles on it. Took me 5 hour in dealer's office to get this deal, but its all worth.

I see you are from Pasadena.

What dealer did you buy it from? Do they have anymore older NSX's on the lot?

Hey

Seems that some people with money or nice cars gives them a license to act like jerks. But it can happen to poor people too, not that I've seen any.
I can teach you to drive a stick ! I live close to you, just bought a 2002 several months ago. I only have a toyota turbo truck with a stick if you want to learn on that. Its fast but heavy ! Not exactly the same class as the X but its all I have for you to learn with. The Rose Bowl is a good place to learn, at least that's where I started 30 years ago and have taken others there as well.
Don't pay any attention to the others as they have no manners or respect for others, or they just have a weird sence of humor.

BH

Sounds like a rediculous great deal on your car. $500 is nothing as far as maintence costs. I've been looking for almost 3 years and never really came across any great deals that were accessible to me. Ended up getting a local black 95-T a couple of months ago (likes yours), but paid 38,500 from a dealer and it had 60k miles. Timing belt and clutch are still orginal as well so add another $3700 for that. Clutch is still OK but figure it will need to be replaced in the next year or or two. I would be nice if you could practice clutch on a cheaper beater car/truck though. You really don't want to cause premature wear on a $2000 clutch. Note if you run into check engine light symptoms and it ends up being emissions related, it should still be covered by acura under warranty. My Acura dealer didn't know this and tried to charge me $500 for 1 oxygen sensor, LOL.

Congrats Nautica!!! I hope you enjoy your new ride, once you learn how to drive a manual.

Dont take the feeding the trolls personally, we get alot of people who try to antagonize on this site and i think what made yours raise a flag is that you dont see people get an NSX without knowing how to drive a manual. thats VERY unusual!

Try not to burn too much clutch!!!!! :D

Congratulations on your purchase!

I understand where your coming from when you mention you have no idea how to fully experience the NSX. To make my story short, I'm an experienced stick driver. My older brother always wanted to drive my '03 bmw 330 convertible- he do not want to touch the NSX being so low to the ground etc. So I trained him for a few days- a week later, he is a natural at it.

The hills will require some time to adjust. But I'm confident that you can get the hang of it. Don't be afraid to use the hand breaks when your waiting for the red light on a hill.

Do not get frustrated with the daily stop and go traffic in your manuel, it will over-time become natural, not giving any thought to it.

You'll never go back to automatic- Trust me!

Have fun ;]

Re: Hey

Brad said:
But it can happen to poor people too, not that I've seen any.
BH

Just want to point out that if you're ever in NYC, I can take you on a tour of Brooklyn and show you some of the nastiest, most hardcore, down right evil "poor people" you'd ever want to meet. They make the "rich jerks" on the forum who are sometimes a bit harsh on suspicious posters look like Mother Theresa in comparison.

I don't think the reception nautica got was so horrible given how many weird illegitimate posters come through here and how there is a strange discrepancy between him and NSXWind who also recently joined (they both claim to own the same car).

Your characterization of the forum members being "rich guys" and "rich guys" being "jerks" is just as bad as anything the skeptics posted...

Take a look at the post history on nautica (the insane "I got f@ck over thread" for example, and tell me if this doesnt scream troll...

Back