Just a rumor from F-chat

As more info comes in regarding the Madoff scheme, news from several sources say that Madeoff and his clients were the largest bank account holders listed on a computer disk leaked by a Swiss bank worker regarding US persons with hidden Swiss bank accounts.

As the IRS approached him regarding the repayment of taxes from his hidden swiss account, Madeoff reportedly became admamant that his wealth would not be taxed by the US. He also realized that once the swiss records were exposed that his and his client's wealth were also within reach of seizure or judgement by a US court regarding past frauds of him or his clients.

Realizing that he was be certain to arrested on other securities and market making fraud issues in the near future, insiders say that it was at this point he made the decision to just say it was all lost in trading and move it directly to Israel. Insiders also report that he was ready to pay the taxes on the money in Israel but was adamant that taxes in the US would not be paid nor would any of the money be available for US court judgements in subprime, fraudlent trading and misrepresentation charges in the future.

Sources say that most of his and his clients wealth were gained through issuing subprime mortgages to unqualified borrowers and then tranching the mortgages into CDOs and circulating the CDOs among US pension funds including GM, GE, IBM and Califorina's State pension fund. Some of the wealth was also gotten through investments in Vegas housing sub divisions and Miami condo projects at the height of the real estate bubble.
Finally, sources say that the wealth from Madeoff's has been fully transfered to Israel and that "most if not all of the clients have been made aware" that their money is available to them in Israel and that it was felt that this was a necessary measure in protecting certain high level clients in the face of a collapse of the USA.

A European bank executive has said early this morning that the Banks involved in Madeoff's fund were exposed through loans and leveraging and that these loans will be repaid in full from Israel.

All of the charities involved have Israeli offices, so they also are of an understanding that their money is now available there.

Sources say that Madeoff has a base in Israel and that he will offer all clients his services there as a continuem to his services in New York.

Speculation has it that he is advising transfer of client's funds into physical gold holdings in coded safety deposit boxes. This advise jives with the notion that the money needed to be taken out of the US on fear of collapsing US dollar and seizure of funds by IRS and courts for frauds committed during the sub prime bubble.

The Swiss bank client leak has caused these banks to no longer be viable avenues for asset concealment.

Madeoff's clients are not just in the US. He has moved funds to Israel for clients in Russia, France, England and Swiss in the scheme in which he is involved.

Some insiders are saying the amount involved may be closer to $100 Billion.

'Twas The Night Before Christmas

From another board,...

'Twas The Night Before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was solvent, not even the mouse;
The stock picks were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Obama soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of bailouts danced in their heads;
And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I wholly nude,
Had just settled a deal for some cheap light sweet crude,
When out on the lawn there arose such a downturn,
I sprang from the bed to see the town burn.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and saw the market crash.
The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Was the only valuable commodity left below,
When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a miniature Chevy Volt, and eight tiny reindeer,
With a little old driver, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment it must be St. Rick.
More wagoner than eagles his excuses they came,
And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;
"Now, Daimler! now, Chrysler! now, Madoff and Lehman!
On, Goldman! on Merrill! on, Hummer and Morgan!
To the top of the market! to the top of the wall street!
Now dash away! dash away! dash away with all the treats!"
As dry leaves that before the wild bankruptcy fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, to Congress they cry,
So up to the White House-top the coursers they flew,
With the sleigh full of lobbyists, and Barney Frank too.
And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
The rush of air as my mutual funds went poof.
As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,
Down the chimney came Paulson crashing to the ground.
He was dressed all in fake fur, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;
A bundle of defaulted bonds he had flung on his back,
And he looked like a broker just opening his pack.
His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!
His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry-picked CDO
portfolio.
His droll little mouth was drawn up like inflation,
And the beard of his chin was as dark as his reputation;
The stump of a crackpipe he held tight in his mouth,
And the smoke helped him fib while our assets head south;
He had a broad face and a little round belly,
That shook, when he laughed at the whole nation on the telly.
He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old czar,
And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of my broken down 20 year old
car;
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know my finances were dead;
He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,
And peed in the stockings; then turned like a jerk,
And laying his thumb on the end of his nose,
And and waving his fingers, up the chimney he rose;
He sprang to his Chevy, to his team gave a moan,
And away they all flew so they could get out of town.
But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of there,
"Sell your stocks and your bonds for the market is bear."

I don't underestimate that guy. Whether he's a con or not has no bearing on his intelligence or ability to manipulate what's going on to his advantage. At some point the guy was doing some highly profitable activities and doing them consistently. At one point it became a ponzi scheme is unknown, but I don't really trust anyone involved, the media, the IRS/goverment, or madoff.

There must be a TON of people involved in this. One guy couldn't pull it off.

Good thing they have him confined to his million dollar home during the investigation. Heaven forbid he get thrown out like the common criminal. :rolleyes:

Back