just a lil nsx venting

Last week I went to the auto auctions to pick up a sweet red 92 NSX, which I had my eyes on for weeks. I get there and get outbidded with a quickness. Who knew there was 30 other guys there for the car lol.

Any of you guys have a hard time looking for your X's?

Anyways I'm still looking for one, I'll just wait until I find a good one at a good price... until then I'll keep hoping

Welcome to the club bro. I found a beautiful black on black 91 that I really wanted a few months ago, but I waited too long.

But I'm sure another will come along.

plenty people have been mentioning the auction. how do you find out about these thing? who does it? where? blah blah blah?

i am in southern cali............... :D

I'm curious too.

How do you go about getting into an auction that lists cars like an NSX?
Do you have to be a licensed dealer? If so, what does it take to do that?

I've seen all the regular scams about drug-dealer confiscated auctions, got burned on that once a long time ago.

Thanks,
George

My friends uncle saw a white NSX with 40k miles go at the auction for $3000. He was almost about to buy it, but didn't know too much about the NSX and how hard it would be to fix. He said the front was wrecked, but from the doors back, almost mint. I was thinking to myself that he could sell engine/tranny for more then that!

And yes, I believe you have to have a dealers license to buy from most auctions.

If you uncle see something like that again, i would be happy to buy it..................lets hook it up!!

NSX FoYoAss said:
My friends uncle saw a white NSX with 40k miles go at the auction for $3000. He was almost about to buy it, but didn't know too much about the NSX and how hard it would be to fix. He said the front was wrecked, but from the doors back, almost mint. I was thinking to myself that he could sell engine/tranny for more then that!

yellowpad said:
If you uncle see something like that again, i would be happy to buy it..................lets hook it up!!

Tell me about it. I told him to let me know if he comes across another NSX. I think he said it's the first time he's seen one at the auctions. They are rare you know. ;) I think it could be parted or sold for profit. It was at a auction here in Houston where he buys, then repairs, then sells nice cars. I think he usually deals with Lexus's because I always see him driving a different Lexus. But if some how he tells me about a NSX, I'll let everyone know.....
Regards
Z

if its meant to be its meant to be.

it took me a long time to get my hands on one.

but i finally did. you will get outbidded and deals will be stolen. but look at the bright side at least you know that you won't have a problem selling an NSX.

If you are looking into an early model with red color, it shouldn't be too hard to find. Look at the nsx for sale column here, there are couple of them in very good shape.

Good Luck finding your dream ride.
;)

sorry for the late response, but Yes, most of those auctions require a dealer license. There are dozens of auto auction companies around the country, they pick up alot of police repo cars, insurance cars, flood damaged cars, and alot of cars that are hit. But once in a while you find a car that has barely anything wrong with it. I've seen a 92 go for $19k cause it was missing a radio. Only thing is the X isn't a common car, and its difficult to find one.

I didn't win the auction because I got outbidded by a guy who was willing to pay a really unreasonable price.

I'm going to be patient, and wait for a sweet nsx to come by and hopefully I won't get outbided. Its going to be hard though, cause the NSX is starting to creep up in my dreams, its so real I can still feel the adrenaline when I wake up.

auctions

check into this site....

www.manheim.com

this is a country-wide auction company. You do need to have a dealer's license. This isn't one of those conviscated drug dealer auctions. This is trade-ins, wholesalers, and the like...

with a dealer id, you can log into this site and do country wide searches for any car. Because the NSX is rare, you may get as few as 1 to 4 cars a week running through auctions. Tracking them on a "day of auction basis" helps determine if someone drives the car in the same morning as the auction.

Back