Just a heads up...

Well, it almost happened! So close to crashing my baby...I thought I'd share my story so maybe you guys might be aware. If you're like me, a nice tight highway interchange at speed will alway get your heart racing. The other night driving home on the North 57 transitioning to the 91 West, I was ready to hug the corner. As I came over the 91 and started down the slope, I saw the water. I remember thinking, boy, I hope it isn't slippery and then the rear end came out. A lot goes through your mind when you car tests your ability to keep it under control, but your main thought needs to be, Don't give up! I remember taking my foot off the gas pedal and hearing the screaming tires. I turned into the skid and the car snapped back. I released the wheel and the car straigtened out and I was out of danger except for the risk of a heart attact...Told my story to a fellow NSX owner who warned me about driving at night and misdirected sprinklers, so I thought I'd pass it on. It happens in heartbeat and we all know that simply sliding into a curb can completely total an NSX. So my advice is to be careful out there as we enjoy our adrenaline rush...Anybody have a similar story to tell?

Similar, different location type :)

On the big bank of Phoenix International Raceway, first day on R Compounds.

Doing about 7mph faster than i've ever gone on the bank and about half way through it, I feel the car rotate.

Wow.

That is all I have to say :)

Thankfully I have had 6 years of prior experience driving on this track in various cars, and my brain said "Dont lift, just go neutral, and keep the wheels pointed where you want to be"

And me and my car are still here :)

Yep, similar story. Passing a semi truck in rx7 and gave it too much gas, turbo spooled, hit water and bammm. Accidental side ways drift down a on ramp with no guard rails on my outside and a 15 foot downgrade of rocks to add to the excitement if i slid off road. Luckily for me i too held it until i got over the dry underpass and the dry ground kicked car back around. I wont ever try that in the nsx.

Back