Joined the Club

I have been a fan of the Acura NSX ever since it came out in the early 90's. I remember being wowed by the looks of it, and probably only saw 1-2 ever at the time. Well much later, about 2 years ago I really caught the NSX bug--this time in hopes of owning one.

I became a member of NSX Prime and learned more about the car. Then just for fun I would check what was for sale on Ebay, Autotrader, etc. I knew I wanted one, but only when the opportunity and timing was right. About 1.5 years ago, I test drove a 95 that was a bit beat up. The owner told me..."I don't know about this one--but you are definitely going to get an NSX." Afterwards I got to try out an 03 that was beautiful, but purchasing at that time was not an option.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I had the day off, and almost on an impulse, with the urging of my wife, made a deal on a 2004 RY/Onyx. It has under 9K on the clock. I just took delivery of it last night. I hope to learn alot more about the NSX now and will probably have alot of questions for the folks here at Prime. Thanks all to who have given me advice thus far and in the future.

Attachments

• nsx 01.jpg
    nsx 01.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 148
  • nsx 02.jpg
    nsx 02.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 218
  • nsx 04.jpg
    nsx 04.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 119
  • nsx 03.jpg
    nsx 03.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Congrats on the new ride, she is a beauty. I almost bought the same color, my and your stories are alike, take a good care of her.

Urging of the wife? Sounds like you got a good one, and a nice car too. :biggrin:

Very nice. Welcome. Is that Laguna Seca Blue M3 in your avatar yours? The one in the pics with the NSX doesn't look like the same color.

Very nice. Welcome. Is that Laguna Seca Blue M3 in your avatar yours? The one in the pics with the NSX doesn't look like the same color.

Yeah it's the same one. LSB looks quite different in various lighting. The color totally transforms from day to night.

Now that you've joined the club and got the car, don't forget to pay your dues.:wink:

I seem to do the same thing!

I bought my 02 about three months ago after looking for about a year. Once you have the idea in your head, it seems inevitable that it will happen:biggrin:
I did the same thing yesterday when I had the day off due to the Presidential Election. I was looking the night before thinking that I wanted a new "work car". I drove three hours to look at a 98 E36 M3. Needless to say... I am the proud owner of another off the wall color vehicle. What do you get when you mix Purple and Yellow? I think I have fallen off the deep end:eek:
Congratulations on your new purchase!

I enjoy reading these types of threads.. it just seems like many go through a similar process and post up a success purchase story. I am awaiting my future thread...

Nice post. Really liked the photo of your new Rio Yellow getting out of the trailer! :eek: And at 9 K miles, yea, share your enthusiasm. I hope you keep her forever!

Welcome and congats on your NSX. After all these years, and you still want one. Says something about an NSX. Love the yellow.:wink:

i congrats ozone, i remember reading your thread a few years back too when you wanted to know how the nsx performs compared to your m3.

you were always open minded and i know you will be a great addition to our family. now that you own one, do you still question its performance compared to your m3?

i congrats ozone, i remember reading your thread a few years back too when you wanted to know how the nsx performs compared to your m3.

you were always open minded and i know you will be a great addition to our family. now that you own one, do you still question its performance compared to your m3?

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcomes. What dues are you guys talking about?

As for the M3 vs NSX comparo, honestly speaking I haven't even really gotten a chance to drive it. The car got in last night...I met the delivery guy in a vacant parking lot about 5 miles away from my house. BTW, the truck had a 911 Turbo, Gallardo, and Enzo in it! By the time I got the car, it was really dark and I didn't even have the sideview mirrors adjusted as I drove out. I drove very, very slowly to my place--not sure sure why, I'm not usually timid about hitting the accelerator. But it was like holding a baby for the first time, haha.

As soon as I got home, I parked it and admired it for a few minutes before heading to an election night hangout. I haven't even gotten a chance to register it yet because of work today. And I will be out of town for over a month and will return in the dead of winter. Hopefully I can squeeze in a couple of days before I head out. So, to answer the M3 question, I have yet to test it out, but I don't doubt its abilities.

I am the 3rd owner of this car. The 2nd owner only held it briefly and I was able to do some research and recently make contact with him. I asked him if he had made any modifications. There was an aftermarket clutch that he returned to OEM. He said that he was told the car had headers. Also, when I had the PPI done, Acura said the car was lowered implying a suspension of some sort. But that's all they saw.

I am no expert on mods and it would be hard for me to tell them apart from a stock NSX. How can I tell what mods are on my car--suspension, headers, maybe even exhaust?

I don't know where in NY Conesus Lake is, but the consumate NSX mechanic is in Warwick NY, our own Larry Bastanza. As far as the "contribute", that refers to supporting NSX Prime, see the "support" link on the upper right, under "store". Welcome to NSX ownership, and by the way, you do own the fastest color!!!:wink:

Congrats! You finally did it. That looks like a great find. I'll bet you are grinning ear to ear when you drive it @:biggrin:@

I am the 3rd owner of this car. The 2nd owner only held it briefly and I was able to do some research and recently make contact with him. I asked him if he had made any modifications. There was an aftermarket clutch that he returned to OEM. He said that he was told the car had headers. Also, when I had the PPI done, Acura said the car was lowered implying a suspension of some sort. But that's all they saw.

I am no expert on mods and it would be hard for me to tell them apart from a stock NSX. How can I tell what mods are on my car--suspension, headers, maybe even exhaust?

Take some pics from under the car and I'm sure an 02+ owner can recognize the exhaust. A lot of times they have some sort of branding on them. Headers are easily discernable. You can also take a wheel off and snap a pic. The springs should have a marking on them if they are OEM. This forum can help you figure things out.

Enjoy!

SUH WHEAT!!! color

Thanks. For the longest time I wanted red only. Then a couple months ago white really caught my eye. Then yellow. I realized the NSX looks tight in almost every color. However, after a few mods the yellow seemed both exotic and aggressive (seen while perusing the picture gallery). I probably could have gone with any of those, black, LBBP, etc.

Thanks for the info on Larry in Warwick. I mapped it out, and its 284 miles away. Not super close, but probably worth it for some larger work. I doubt there are any NSX techs in my region.

Thanks. For the longest time I wanted red only. Then a couple months ago white really caught my eye. Then yellow. I realized the NSX looks tight in almost every color. However, after a few mods the yellow seemed both exotic and aggressive (seen while perusing the picture gallery). I probably could have gone with any of those, black, LBBP, etc.

Thanks for the info on Larry in Warwick. I mapped it out, and its 284 miles away. Not super close, but probably worth it for some larger work. I doubt there are any NSX techs in my region.

Larry is definitely the best nsx mechanic in our region. he fixed this weird electrical problem of mine for a more than reasonable price.

Back