• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

JIC-Magic FLTA-2 Coilovers (5 sets in stock)

Zanardi 0 said:
Wow!!! $1575.00 you must think we are DUMP ASS or some things. You can buy those at www.daliracing.com for 1150.00 all years long. I can even do better than that if I want a set and I'm no dealer.

Here link..if any one want a set at 1150.00 but I'm sure you can get $900 to $1000 if you would call around.

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=913

LOL...Are you serious :confused: ? Before you posted this you should look at what I am selling. I am selling the FLTA-2 Suspension on link you put down is the SF-1 Suspension that is discontinued the MSRP on both is different here is a link from JIC's site that MSRP is 1900. I am only trying to help my sponsor JIC to sell the 5 sets that they have in stock. One more thing Zanardi 0 you can not beat my price for the FLTA-2 I doubt that I deal direct w/ JIC and they are my sponsors so go ahead and try if you like.

http://www.jic-magic.com/Library/susapp/flta2susp_app.htm

I am not here trying to overcharge any members on this forum I am just here to see if anyone would be interested in picking a set up because it is in stock and ready to be shipped out please pm me for pricing I will give any member on this forum a better price than anyone else.

I'm interested

if you can tell me how does it feel like vs Tein...
I'm scratching my head choosing over TeinRA or RE... now since your price is in my budget, I would like to know how the JIC compare to Tein, especially they are using the same spring rate...

Ride

Thanks to Paul (HPV100) and Son (IASport). I had a chance to ride both within a week.

Paul's got Tein RA set up 8 click from firmist. It is solid, but definately you will feel everything on street. Wheather it is a bump or a dip. and according to Paul, your head light will bounce up and down a bit during night driving (A definate NO NO with the wife in the car for me). It is harder than stock, I could off live with it without the bouncing head lights at night.

Son's got JIC FLTA-2, I think he had it set to softest. It feel much like stock, but when you corner it you know it is not stock. The bouncing head light problem was not appearant. I personally like it more, since on daily drives and specially night driving is much more relaxing and enjoyable.

So, if you like more track feel even on the street, Tein RA is it, but if you seek plusher ride with slightly stiffer than stock set up, than go with JIC. Both are fully adjustable, therfore, I think you can find a seting good for you, Tein just feels harder for me. I think with adjustment set to firmist, they both should perform well on track, just how it fits my daily comfort push me toward the JIC set up.

Hope that helps.

Re: Ride

awsomr1 said:
So, if you like more track feel even on the street, Tein RA is it, but if you seek plusher ride with slightly stiffer than stock set up, than go with JIC. Both are fully adjustable, therfore, I think you can find a seting good for you, Tein just feels harder for me. I think with adjustment set to firmist, they both should perform well on track, just how it fits my daily comfort push me toward the JIC set up.

Hmm.. There are many other factors besides the stiffness as well as the adjustability of a suspension for it to perform well at the track.

I'm yet to see any NSX's at any track events running JIC's, as such making a claim of equality is almost impossible unless an experienced driver can vouch for them.

The website lists 10kg/12kg for the spring rates F/R, just like the Tein RA's stock rates, those spring rates might not be optimal for a track oriented NSX, since it might be prone to a bit of oversteer.

http://www.jic-magic.com/Library/susapp/flta2susp_app.htm

Just giving my 2 cents, since some of the information on this thread might be taken as gospel, when it's not :(

Ken

Gospel

Sorry if I offended anyone with my statement. As I had stated at the beginning of my reply. I rode in both cars and giving my feel and feed back, not meaning to give GOSPEL to anyone. Just want to share my experience.

Neither ride was on track nor running at track conditions. Just some aggresive driving. From that and feed back from both owners bring me to my conclusion.

My NSX will be my daily driver, therefore, I feel JIC fits my need over the Tein for ride quality. Just my opinion.

Sorry to butt in,I ,like Ken want to stress that if any of you suspension shoppers buy any coilovers from any vender ,should consider the spring rates carefuly.Why I say this is because if you wish to track the car or do drive aggressivly on the street (canyon carving) then from my experience and from what I've read and seen in action the nsx likes stiffer springs in front,for more predictable neutral handling.For reference the comptech pro uses 1000lb front-600lb rear,nsr-r is aprox 580 front 450 rear,acura of brookfield suggested even more radical 1200/600 stagger for a track only car.Andrie has reported lots of oversteer with the systems using a 10/12 or 8/10 combos,fwiw.

Back