JH4NA1156MT002440 ? Possible Purchase...

Either you purchased this car or someone else just won the bid. This price would scare me to pieces. It's obviously been painted at least the roof has. With only 100k on the odo - there is a story behind this one and if he really is going to sell this car - I'd be very curious what the real deal is.

My first impression is this: you are probably lucky you didn't buy this car. Something has got to be wrong at that price and no reserve - geez what is hidden here??? There are others out there don't give up. This is a good time to be looking. Good luck!

Be very careful about purchasing cars on Ebay. The seller almost always include something like "10% of deposit due within 48 hours of auction close. Full payment required within 7 days". However, if the vehicle is in a remote location, there is no way to complete the PPI, and arrange payment in such a short time. Some of the sellers will purposely stall the inspection, but still require the full payment in the giving tight schedule. You'll either lose the deposit, or find defects later because the transaction is rushed.

Hello,

I am considering purchasing this 1991 NSX (VIN JH4NA1156MT002440) on ebay and wondered if anyone had any info or knowledge of it. I did search the forums here and found two old threads, but one showed it as a 1992 NSX and the other didn't go into detail. Both threads were from 2002. The vehicle is located in Monticello, Minnesota. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250568203269 and older listing with different information http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250548272665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Just for your future reference, here's link to help you decode VINS. This car is a 1991 model due to the M in it's VIN.

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Decoding_an_NSX_VIN#NSX_VINs_.28US_market.29

I would book a ticket out there ASAP to inspect it. Or at least ask someone on prime to go take a look at it (offer $100 for someone on Prime to go look at it)

I would not send any money. Go there in person. Bring two bank cashiers check. One for $500 (deposit) and one check for the remaining balance. Look at the car. Get an PPI. If you still like it and it checks out. Leave the $500.00 deposit or ask if you can leave a $100 cash non-refundable deposit instead. Get everything in writing that you left the deposit for the car and you have until 1 week to pay the remaining balance. Sit on it for a few days and arrange transport (or plan to drive it home). Come back on prime and ask questions and concerns. If you still feel good with the purchase, finish purchase transaction.

$17,000+ is a lot of money to risk. Is not like your buying an iPhone case and can risk losing that money.

Before you even book a ticket or do anything, make sure he has the title in hand. No lienholder on the title. No extra person on the title that isn't easy available. Etc.

Get a copy of the receipt for the Acura dealer service (water pump/timing belt). Call the dealer to verify and ask them questions about the car. Ask to get a copy of all the services that were done there.

Back