Japan's Boys love the NSX, what is the reaction over there?

If NSXprime is too small to get Honad to notice that we want a mid-engine car to stand out from the 50 car makers that are offering a 500HP front eninge car in the next few years....

Maybe we can hook-up with the NSX guys in Japan.

They race the NSX in Japan and it must have a huge following.
Are they laying-down and giving in? With Honda's new plans to reaplace the NSX?

Maybe we need a joint effert to turn up the noise level to a piont where Honad hears us?

Might be interesting to see , but maybe the Japanese like the idea:biggrin:

I doubt they do. They hold the NSX on a pedestal and they love everything about it. You never see them racing supras and skylines against the exotics.........they always put an NSXr in there!
I would love to know what the JDM guys think about the ascc.

If NSXprime is too small to get Honad to notice that we want a mid-engine car to stand out from the 50 car makers that are offering a 500HP front eninge car in the next few years....

Maybe we can hook-up with the NSX guys in Japan.

They race the NSX in Japan and it must have a huge following.
Are they laying-down and giving in? With Honda's new plans to reaplace the NSX?

Maybe we need a joint effert to turn up the noise level to a piont where Honad hears us?

Won't know until you try :tongue: You taking the initiative then? :wink:

Won't know until you try :tongue: You taking the initiative then? :wink:

Nope:biggrin: I was hoping this was like ferrariChat.com ..... you just ask a question and then someone who is much smarter jumps on and tells you what is really going on across the pond :tongue:

I doubt they do. They hold the NSX on a pedestal and they love everything about it. You never see them racing supras and skylines against the exotics.........they always put an NSXr in there!
I would love to know what the JDM guys think about the ascc.

Well neither of us knows ,but I'm sure they will give Honda a chance and then run the ASC against whatever they think will hang with it.

Corvette and Viper will hang with ASC.

Should be interesting on a track and since both those cars can take the F430 on the track Honda will be ahead of Ferrari as again:biggrin:

If they also have the same ideas as we have GO HSC NO ASCC! then they might use it on the NSX Fiesta's that Honda does.

Would make a impact at Honda's own event!

I would love to see Keichi Tsuchiya's impressions once this car(Ascc) premieres on BMI :smile: :cool:

I just summed it up in 1 sentace over on that post.. the last paragraph is the same opinion as everyone on this board. basically...

Up until now the NSX followers have been pretty die hard enthusiasts from what it seems. in both the US and Japan. It seems like Honda is trying to market the new "NSX" as something of a rich-mans play thing, much like many exotics and high end mercedes, etc.
While there ARE die-hard fans out there of exotics and i mean no disrespect by this, if you are, thats great that you appreciate your car, there are quite a few that simply buy those cars because they are rich, and it looks good, and its fast.

THe NSX is fast if you know where to find its hidden potential. In that sense its trully unique. There arent any cars out there that you can name that have the styling, engineering, preformance, and the pricetag of the NSX. And thats something that I think makes it such a beautiful car. You really have to be an enthusiast to be able to appreciate the car and understand it to its full potential.
But it seems honda just wants to sell cars. nothing more nothing less.

Because of that im nots ure honda CARES what current NSX owners are thinking. Because their aim is not towards the enthusiast. =(

2slow2speed said:
If you can read Japanesse then read the VTEC Sports article that Vancehu posted and you will get an idea what the folks at Rev wish that the next generation NSX to be

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82725

And what if we can't read Japanese? You're playing "I got a secret" on two threads now. Let us in on what the article says! :tongue:

Given how many folks watch BMI videos and say that they can understand them, I figured that someone else would chime in with a translation ;)

The following is pretty much a literal translation of the last paragraph of the article... Maybe Vance thought that it was just noise given that he didn't bother to translate it.. :p (but then again he wants to keep his NSX forever, so who knows maybe it wasn't a mental slip :D, just like his "liberal" translation of some portions of the article which wasn't 100% accurate either)

Anyways, enjoy :cool:

Just as President Fukui said in 2005 "We will announce the Next Generation NSX which will have a V10 within the next 2 to 3 years", his official/public promise will be fullfilled with the arrival of the super luxury (exotic) car. Of course it will be extremely capable, but as far as we (don't know if it refers to the folks at Rev, or to the folks in Japan, the use of "wareware" has many contexts in Japanesse) are concerned we don't want to believe that the ASCC will be the car that will replace the NSX.

The pinnacle of a sports car that carries the (Honda) racing DNA(heritage) shouldn't be a FR sports (car) instead we want it to be a sports car where the engine resides in the rear. A machine with a V10 and a mid ship layout whose speed and existence/presence will allow it to drive away (pull away/lead) from the "Leaping Horses"(Ferrari) or the "Raging Bulls"(Lamborghini). That would be the Next Generation NSX that we keep hoping/wishing for.

So in summary we are not the only ones who have some controversial/different views about the ASCC :D

Ken

It would be "yes, this car can drift so it's awesome". or "its bad for drifting so it sucks". :)

haha, in that context, yes it would probably include one of the two :biggrin:

BTW thanks for the translation 2slow2speed. I had e-mailed the article to my friend in Japan for translation, but no repsonse yet.

Back