Jaguar to leave Formula One

Jaguar to leave Formula One racing

Jaguar owners Ford have announced plans to withdraw from Formula One racing at the end of the 2004 season. The Jaguar Racing team, along with engine manufacturers Cosworth, have been put up for sale by the American car giant.

Gary

henry ford is spinning in his grave about now.

these are the same people that couldn't beat ferrari at le mans, so they tried to buy him out. didn't work. what did ford do then?

they decided it was time to see who had the huevos to beat ferrari, and the GT40 was born. :cool:

now they can't beat ferrari at formula one, so what do they do? tuck tail and run. :o

i've always been a ford man (well, except for owning a toyota truck and an NSX...ha!), and i was always glad to see that they are not only participating in almost EVERY form of auto racing, but winning convincingly or at least giving it a go. but to squeal and run from the highest form of motor sport, especially with the excuse "it costs too much and we're not selling enough cars to justify it", well, that's just lame.

what about eddie jordan, paul stoddart, peter sauber, privateers, independent businessmen with NO factory support? they keep coming back race after race, year after year, with 1/10th the budget. yeah, they don't win, but they don't quit, either.

ford thought they could play a world-class game with an american perspective.

i guess the huevos have shriveled in their old age. :rolleyes:

Did i read this right?
Is ford splitting off the Cosworth motor division? Or is it just the F1 section. I wonder what this could mean to some of the other Cosworth racing interests (WRC?)
And yes, it is sad that the suits have completely destroyed was used to be a great company. They worry more about responsibilty to shareholders than they do about responsibility to heritage.

hopefully they get rid of the retarded $250k diamond on the nose too, cause thats just retarded.

T Bell said:
You guys have it all wrong. Ford is backing out of WRC, to INCREASE their budget FOR F1, and will also change from Jag to Ford Grand Prix.

ya ford owns jaguar and they were tired of having the jaguar name in f1 so they are putting on the ford badge. they are doing it to try to boost up there sales in other countries especially while the indian and asian market are getting really big .check out the new f1 mag oct issues has an article

T Bell said:
You guys have it all wrong. Ford is backing out of WRC, to INCREASE their budget FOR F1, and will also change from Jag to Ford Grand Prix.

Sorry, TBell, that was a former decision - now overrun by the new one. It says definitely that Ford will sell the whole Jaguar F1 activity, not putting a new badge on it. OTOH some WRC experts hope that Ford will now cancel its decision about the end of WRC engagement. What they definitely will do is entering the new FIA touring car world championship next year (2 litre Focus, already in some national championships like here in Germany).

Back