Ito San changing his tune about road going HSV

Oh snap that big square headed son of b*tch. Please Ito I'll take back everything I ever called you in anger:eek:

http://vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=956636

I'd like to think the subtle grumblings of the US/Aussie Fiesta contingent had something to do with their rethinking. Of course, I'd be wrong. ;)

Crossing my fingers, but I shall remain pessimistic until something hits the showroom floor. That said, I'm checking my personal balance sheet to see where I can move some things around.

I hear ya and this is my reply

"In our earlier newsitem today, we passed along a story from a French automotive blog concerning the likelihood that Honda was resuming development on a successor to the NSX. It was pretty much the feel good story of the week. Now, if we're to believe the translation of the salient points of a Yahoo Japan article concerning the same topic, we might have cause for a REAL celebration. TOV member 'saitamahonda' posted the translation of those points in the comments to our earlier article, and here is what was said:

1. Honda is serious about answering the "voice" of demand to bring the NSX successor to the market.

2. A plan and objective has been set to make the NSX successor commercially available.

3. President Ito has made it clear(apparent) that development of NSX successor has resumed.

I would like to emphasize that the article states that the development HAS resumed! ( it does not say that it will or might, it specifically says it has resumed ).

Unfortunately it does not mention if whether or not the successor will be based on the HSV-010GT or the proposed reversed Accord platform.
The article does not mention if it will be a hybrid drivetrain.

It may be that a production variant will be derived from the Super GT car."

So at least for a moment we can be happy

Another tease. Put it in the showroom and I'll buy it. Hybrid, Electric, gas whatever. 400hp? More? Less? Make it and I'LL BUY IT. I want Honda, the company I love to make another sports car. Do it and I'll buy it.
I don't care if it's the fastest magazine car. I don't care if there are no bragging rights. I WANT ANOTHER HONDA MADE SPORTS CAR.

"Without racing, there is no Honda". Soichiro Honda

Mid-engined a la HSC and I'll buy it!!!!!! I don't care if it's not the fastest.
Front-engined, depends on the styling.

Road and Track mentioned something about a new sports car in their latest magazine. I tried to find it online but I couldn't.

Back