It Finally Arrived!!!

OK, is seems like I have been waiting forever for this car to get here, but in actuality it has only been since June 5th. Horseless Carriage delivered it today and I was quite happy to see it survived the trip intact.

BTW, they had a beautiful 67 Corvette roadster, (restored to all original condition) and a hot rod 56 Chevy riding with the NSX. I wish he could have delivered those along with my NSX.....kind of brings back my youth.

The first thing I did was check the car out and wipe it down to check for damage. Then off to get a smog check. $79 later and I am now ready to take it to DMV on 7/7 to pick-up my license plates. They already held me up for $5,227 dollars which I begrungingly turned over. I would have felt better about it if they had used a gun! Shouldn't used car taxes be illegal or something?

On 7/6 it goes in to Acura for a 30K service and valve adjustment and alignment. The wheel is a little off center to the left. Even though it only has 13K on it, I want to make sure that everything is right and it is in perfect condition with all new fluids, etc.

My wife and I took it to dinner tonight and she drove with the top off. She could not stop smiling. She just loves the car, I bought it for her as a toy for the weekends. Her daily driver is the '01 CL Type S, which is actually a pretty nice ride too.

I had to buy her the NSX because a year ago I sold her '97 993 C2S (Oh, for those that don't speak German, that is a wide-body 911) becasue it was getting ready to go out of warranty and I was just tired of the car. It was always having some stupid little problem requiring a trip to the dealership. They may have renamed their customer waiting after me in consideration of all of the time I spent there!

I can't wait to spend a day waxing, cleaning, the whole car. I have a nice 3 car garage, Denon surround sound stereo, etc. that makes it enjoyable and relaxing.

Oh, amazingly, the car came from Bridgewater Acura in NJ and even though a recent PDI inspection report indicated it was to be filled with gas, the tank was empty, needle well into the red, when the car arrived. i I was afraid I would not make it to the gas station it was so low. Took $40 exactly to fill it. I will have to check with the dealership and see if they just forgot to fill it or what. Bridgewater Acura has been a very good dealership to deal with, I am sure that was just an oversight on their part. But I will let you all know.

I will also take some photos this weekend and post them so that you can all see OUR 2001 Formula Red with tan NSX-T. It is 100% stock.

OK time to relax - car is nicely tucked into the garage with the two others. I hope they all get along!
Cairo

CONGRATS Cairo,
Im glad your NSX arrived safely.
Man, after 3 days, ive already put over 160 miles on my nsx.
Its awesome to drive. What a wonderful feeling.
Im in need of installing an aftermarket exaust system. I want that deep low hummm. Not tooo loud though. But I want it loud enough to turn some heads. (C=

Good luck with your nsx and post some pics asap.
Take care,
Calvin

Keep enjoying your cars, boys....there are plenty more miles ahead for both of you. :D

Just a comment about the empty fuel tank. I recently used Horseless Carriage (who I would highly recommend) to ship my Maserati and they required that the fuel tank be close to empty. I don't know if it is for safety or just to reduce weight. But that's probably why your tank wasn't full. Enjoy your new car!!!

I think they require tanks to be empty incase of sparks in your vehicle which could cause a fire and damage their trailer even more if there was fuel to feed the fire. Could also be a law in some states they drive thru.

My 2 cents... (C=
And Thanx Meeyatch, I certainly will (C=

Take care,
Calvin

OH, thanks, I hadn't even considered that. It makes sense too.

I appologize for thinking that Bridgewater Acura let it go out with no gas. It was likely not their choice but the shipper's requirements. This is the first time I have ever used a shipper. I will tell you it was pretty cool to see this beautiful transport truck pull into my court, (only have 6 neighbors) park and unload my car as a few of them looked on.

I tried the new NSX car cover on it last night to make sure it was the correct one and it fits like a glove. Good quality cover with a nice red NSX on the nose. Even though it stays in the garage, I typically cover my toys when they are not being driven, like during the week mostly since it would be unlikely either my wife or I would drive the car to work due to the parking situations we both have at work.

You know the type..... people that fly into the stall next to your car late for work, throw the door open, hit your car and never even give it a thought and run into the door late. We all have to suffer those types until they are fired for something that generally correlates to that type of behaviour.

Cairo

Back