Is this to much for a 1996

I drove a 1996 NSX blk/blk that was just perfect. 39,000 miles with all service records available. Timing belt, clutch, and water pump replaced. Mostly stock. The car looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Drives like a dream.

I had trouble getting financed for person to person transaction for a car "this old" from my bank. They approved me for a purchase from a "dealer". I love the car but the dealer wants 53,000 for the car. The price is firm because they have two other buyers ready to purchase this car. The car gets soooo much attention on the lot. They are currently holding it for me.

Is it worth this price?

According to this table, which is perhaps the best NSX pricing reference available, I'd say the car is overpriced.

gordiphi said:
I drove a 1996 NSX blk/blk that was just perfect. 39,000 miles with all service records available. Timing belt, clutch, and water pump replaced. Mostly stock. The car looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Drives like a dream.

I had trouble getting financed for person to person transaction for a car "this old" from my bank. They approved me for a purchase from a "dealer". I love the car but the dealer wants 53,000 for the car. The price is firm because they have two other buyers ready to purchase this car. The car gets soooo much attention on the lot. They are currently holding it for me.

Is it worth this price?

Are you in Canada?:biggrin:

gordiphi said:
I drove a 1996 NSX blk/blk that was just perfect....I love the car but the dealer wants 53,000 for the car. The price is firm because they have two other buyers ready to purchase this car....They are currently holding it for me.

Is it worth this price?

Haaa....The good'ol pressure tactics of a stealership. If the two other buyers are ready to buy it then why are they holding it for you? :eek: I also agree with the prior posts that the car is overpriced. Tell them you are going to pass and then drive by next week. I'm sure the car will still be on the lot.

Good luck.

gordiphi said:

Is it worth this price?

The car is worth at most, $37000. In my opinion. Maybe a little more if it is totally mint. For $53000, you can almost buy a 02 Spec.

That car is definitely over priced. You can get a 2001 NSX or and 02 for an extra 2-3k more.

Like The Kid said....

If your not in canada, i hope your in mexico, because 53,000 pesos is a good deal.

Thank you
I took the above advice. Now they changed the price to 49,000 after a one hour conversation. I will continue to hold out to 45,000 with service agreement.
I had a 1997 also in mind for 50,000 with 15,550 miles. Sold while I was thinking about my decision.
Hope we can work it out because the car is what I am looking for.

I honestly think that if you are paying that price, you should go for a 97 and up. You get the 3.2 and the 6 speed. The 96 has the 5 speed and I think it's worth it to upgrade to a newer model.

gordiphi said:
Thank you
I took the above advice. Now they changed the price to 49,000 after a one hour conversation. I will continue to hold out to 45,000 with service agreement.
I had a 1997 also in mind for 50,000 with 15,550 miles. Sold while I was thinking about my decision.
Hope we can work it out because the car is what I am looking for.

Even at $45000, it is way way too much.

I got my 96' w/ 32k miles for around $45k... Also in pristine condition, not a single scratch or ding- Except that was close to 3 yrs ago. I know it's hard to be patient because an NSX is so irresistable but try and keep looking or talk him down more.

Tell the "Stealership" (good one DocL) that your final price is $41,000 WITH service agreement, and see what their response is. When they accept your offer, please send me a check for 10% of the money you saved. If I were you, I would go on autotrader.com to get a good idea of realistic NSX prices around the country. You will clearly see that they are trying to hose you.

Back