Is this the first siting of a registered car on the street

weird that the paper dealer floor covers were present...maybe registered and owned by dealership?

I would believe that doc

I am just happy to see a production car being enjoyed and shown around

indeed nice to see one in the wild.....I think dealers have asked all customers of first cars to allow dealer to keep in showrooms for a variable amount of time....lets hope that does not include trips to c&c...:eek:

Thanks NSpec

Drat, I am not familiar with what a VA dealer plate looks like.

I saw that it has some kind of sticker of the front window and what looked like a regular plate.

OK, the title should change to first siting of a production car on the street

- - - Updated - - -

My dealer hasn't asked me to let them keep the car in the show room.

But at this rate of production my car won't be here till snow is falling.

Last edited:
Needs exhaust badly. Otherwise, I am happy to see this.

A guy on S2KI was there today and confirms it is still a VA dealership car and has a $50K market adjustment hanging on it.

Yes - that is a dealer car. I was at the event and then stopped by the dealership afterwards, we are doing a local NSX event with the dealership on the 24th where they will have access to the vehicle.

unuWq1.jpg

002 also went to Hendrick, that car shows up on Cars.com as being in inventory at one of his dealerships.

so the first registered car seen in the wild award goes to Jay's car

Thanks NSpec

Drat, I am not familiar with what a VA dealer plate looks like.

I saw that it has some kind of sticker of the front window and what looked like a regular plate.

OK, the title should change to first siting of a production car on the street

- - - Updated - - -

My dealer hasn't asked me to let them keep the car in the show room.

But at this rate of production my car won't be here till snow is falling.

It usually has a D in the end. But also, if you look at the bottom closely, it'll say dealer.

Not a fan of the red car at all. It looks ghetto fab. But the white one looks awesome.

50k market adjusted?
I would wait for the future variants with bugs out and no market adjustment. Lol

At the moment, the dealership is not very motivated to sell it. Having it in their showroom and around the area is very useful as a sales/marketting tool for future orders. Full factory production also seems to be a little ways off and it could be close to a year before NSXs are readily available to put directly in to your driveway. So I suspect people will be willing to pay the $50k for the "now" aspect.

Then of course you have things like this: http://www.koonsfallschurchford.com...ngton-DC-0ba47ff00a0e0a6b7893c9a86afed671.htm

Anyone else think seeing dealer cars at CnC's is a buzzkill? One of the best parts of CnC's is meeting & bs'ing with the owners and enjoying knowing that a local person had the means & good taste to own xyz car. :)

Anyone else think seeing dealer cars at CnC's is a buzzkill? One of the best parts of CnC's is meeting & bs'ing with the owners and enjoying knowing that a local person had the means & good taste to own xyz car. :)

yes and no.

Yes - when the dealer is using it as a place to try and sell a car that is readily available at their showroom. For example, if someone brings a nice Ferrari 355 out looking for a buyer, it is kind of lame and disappointing to realize it is a dealer car.

No - when the car is an early promotional car. We had both the NSX and the new Fiat 124 at our C&C this weekend and both cars got lots of people gathered around it, getting in the car, opening things up, etc, etc. Having it be a dealership car didn't seem strange because the car is being introduced to the world and in the case of NSX, unless your name is Jay Leno - you can't have one yet.

I'll buy that. Having not yet experienced the 2nd part of your email at our local CnC I was speaking only towards the first part!

Back