Is therey any year NSX to avoid when buying?

MvM

Legendary Member
As many of you know I am on the lookout for another NSX to replace the one I crashed a while back.

Currently, I am not yet in the position to buy one right NOW, but I am certainly looking around to what is available. And looking around and seeing many different years of NSX's for sale, I was wondering if any owners here feel or think if there are any specific production years you would avoid if possible? And if so, for what reasons.

And please keep in mind that I probably will be modifying my NSX with all those nice aftermarket parts that are currently eating up my living space at home :rolleyes:

the dreaded "range"...

Only NSX models that I personally would avoid would be unfixed/unresolved '91-'92 NSX 5spd's in the snap-ring range. It is something that can be ultimately fixed, but at a cost & inconvenience. A retro-fitted lower transmission-case w/o the failure-prone version of the snap-ring will resolve such, and can be opportunely done during clutch-changes / JDM gears or LSD or 6spd. swaps to cut-down on down-time & labor. . .

G'luck w/ your NSX search. <s>Being RHD in Holland, is importing an NSX from the UK is feasible? I just mention such as there are many for-sale at any given time there. . .</s>

Last edited:
It seems that alot of the earlier models have small issues with the ac head units and the bose sound system. But most people have cheap fixes for these problems now. Good Luck on your search

Blaine

Avoid any 2009 models. They are extremely rare and hard to find so they'll probably command quite a premium. I happen to have one, but I'll need a $3000 deposit sent to my Nigerian bank account. :wink:

i sent that $3000 to vega$'s nigerian bank account, knowing that the dollar sign in his name was a good sign. i eagerly await the only known 2009 nsx in existence. pics to follow.

There are the obvious attributes of the various models: headlights, power steering, T-top, etc. But if, as you say, you are going to modify it extensively, why not just buy the cheapest, straightest car you can find and have fun with the mods?

my .02

The bottom line is, the NSX had no bad years. However, some years had issues with some cars such as the snap ring already mentioned. However, a car can be checked if in the snap ring range via the VIN.

Decide upon what you want. Then, check out the wikipedia folder and investigate all recall and other potential issues with that year. Then you will be informed as what things to check out and/or verify had already been fixed or not. Aside from snap ring and climate control unit failures, most problems were "relatively" small. A well maintained car with complete records and a couple of things to fix is a better bet than a newer model without IMO. Happy hunting!

Avoid any 2009 models. They are extremely rare and hard to find so they'll probably command quite a premium. I happen to have one, but I'll need a $3000 deposit sent to my Nigerian bank account. :wink:

Deposit wired to your account. When can I test drive the your 2009 NSX?

i sent that $3000 to vega$'s nigerian bank account, knowing that the dollar sign in his name was a good sign. i eagerly await the only known 2009 nsx in existence. pics to follow.

I know how skeptical you must be to internet scams, but I assure you this is legitimate. Just look at my trader rating!!! :eek:

I can assure you I am in possession of a 09 Acura NSX. Just to make you feel more comfortable, here is a picture of me holding up a sign in front of it so you know it's real (click to enlarge).

The problem is that I'm having a hard time getting it past customs. If you can send me another $3,000 I think I'll be able to work it through. It's almost there! Can you feel the wind in your hair as you drive in your brand new 09 NSX???

I know how skeptical you must be to internet scams, but I assure you this is legitimate. Just look at my trader rating!!! :eek:

I can assure you I am in possession of a 09 Acura NSX. Just to make you feel more comfortable, here is a picture of me holding up a sign in front of it so you know it's real (click to enlarge).

The problem is that I'm having a hard time getting it past customs. If you can send me another $3,000 I think I'll be able to work it through. It's almost there! Can you feel the wind in your hair as you drive in your brand new 09 NSX???

Alan,

Seems legit to me. Plus that photo proves this is the real deal. If I were you, I would send that next $3K.

Re: the dreaded "range"...

Only NSX models that I personally would avoid would be unfixed/unresolved '91-'92 NSX 5spd's in the snap-ring range. It is something that can be ultimately fixed, but at a cost & inconvenience. A retro-fitted lower transmission-case w/o the failure-prone version of the snap-ring will resolve such, and can be opportunely done during clutch-changes / JDM gears or LSD or 6spd. swaps to cut-down on down-time & labor. . .

G'luck w/ your NSX search. Being RHD in Holland, is importing an NSX from the UK is feasible? I just mention such as there are many for-sale at any given time there. . .

Yup, I bought my 1992 only to find out that the tranny went limp 2 years later. Took to dealer and asked the manager to speak to the rep. Not only the rep said no, the f@#king manager charged me $100 for diagnosis when I walked in with the diagnosis of snapring failure already. Paid $3k to get that fixed outside. A month later at a wedding banquet, the guy sitting next to me was a rep from S.Cal and the conversation of NSX came up. He told me he would have approved the goodwill since the car only had 55k miles. I love the NSX but that @#$%&* snap-ring is by far the most agonizing car issue I have ever had.
Steve

Last edited:

LOL. Yea, I feel the wind alright. And it smells like cow poo. Pretty funny stuff. Just made my afternoon.

how about if i just send $6000,let's get this done!

Loved the photo.

Alan,

Seems legit to me. Plus that photo proves this is the real deal. If I were you, I would send that next $3K.
I wired the money already. Maybe I should wire the money again.:biggrin:

Re: the dreaded "range"...

g'luck w/ your nsx search. Being rhd in holland, is importing an nsx from the uk is feasible? I just mention such as there are many for-sale at any given time there. . .

Maybe it explains all the midlefingers i get all the time, but i realy thought we was lhd.

Maarten, i will call you soon to return your parts (SUSPENSIONPARTS you dirty bastards!). Have problems with the bearing anyway.

Last edited:
have now sent $9000, still looking forward to getting my 2009 nsx, but starting to wonder a little...

have now sent $9000, still looking forward to getting my 2009 nsx, but starting to wonder a little...

What, I never got any funds! :confused: And now you want me to send a super rare 2009 NSX? I think this is a scam!

Can you take a picture of yourself holding the cash or check, with a sign that says "NSX Prime Rocks" and your username as I did for you?

Hey Bry,
You promised me that car during our last meet. As a matter of fact i gave you a check for $3000. I thought i was dealing direct. Now it looks like an ebay site. When will this bidding stop? Let me know so that i would like to be the last bidder. I WANT THAT 09 NSX COUPE so bad.

Back