Is there any problems with 91

I am fixing to buy a 91 NSX with only 29,000 miles on it, but I was wondering if there are going to be any problems,recalls etc.. The reason I am buying this car is because I heard it was reliable, I love the NSX but I need something I can drive every day
Thanks for the help,

8th Sin

I have a 91 auto with just 32000 miles. you may need to replace the timing belt/water pump and the ALB unit due to the age and not the mileage. other items that may go wrong due to age.. amps, speed sensor if you have an auto, check all hoses and belts. then otherwise the car is a daily driver just like a Civic but attract more attention. also wear on the tires are more than normal Hondas etc. check FAQ as there are lots of information re the car. One major problem is the parts are generally more expensive. Good luck and have fun. you will not regret buying this car.

Check the FAQ.

Most common things to check on a '91 are:

1. Window regulators updated with fix-it thingies or replaced with new-style regulators.

2. Timing belt and water pump replaced. (Recommended every 90K miles or 6 years, whichever comes first.)

3. Snap ring status (only the last 20 percent of '91 production were in the affected range).

4. Make sure climate control works properly - both sides, all speeds.

My problem is buying one. When ever i get close to handing over the funds ( I first do carfax, then call dealer, and have a nsx prime member check the car out, nsx checklist is great) someone else buys the car. It seems for the last 8-10 months that if i call a seller they are assured a quick sell within 12hrs of my call even if it's not me. Ah well, good luck :)

nik3sgte said:
My problem is buying one. When ever i get close to handing over the funds ( I first do carfax, then call dealer, and have a nsx prime member check the car out, nsx checklist is great) someone else buys the car. It seems for the last 8-10 months that if i call a seller they are assured a quick sell within 12hrs of my call even if it's not me. Ah well, good luck :)

Patience young grasshopper, you're time will come

Back