Is there a BEST year for the NSX/NSX-T? BUT....

I have to throw in the price consideration? I guess with all the little changes i wonder what model do you think offered the best of everything. I would guess the 97' model BUT that price really jumped when it hit. The 95' model??? The early ones had the BEAUTIFUL black with Ivory interior, so maybe the earier ones. (I am green with envy to whom ever has that color combo.)

When you throw in the price consideration, there is no "best" for everyone. If you can't afford a '97+, then an earlier year will be best - for you. If money isn't a problem and you want the more powerful engine and six-speed, then a '97+ will be best - for you. Some people want an open-top car, and others don't; again, different years may be best for different people.

I'm envious of those who have a RED/blk 95-targa top (to me, the sky above my head instead of a roof is the best).

There just isn't a lot of them out there for the right price.
frown.gif

Originally posted by Marvin Lee:
.....The early ones had the BEAUTIFUL black with Ivory interior, so maybe the earier ones. (I am green with envy to whom ever has that color combo.)

That's the first time I've heard someone comment on the Ivory interior as being beautiful. At first, I didn't really it, but it has grown on me.

Tell you what.....find me a '95-up NSX-T and I'll trade you for my '91 Black/Ivory!

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

Originally posted by Joel:
I'm envious of those who have a RED/blk 95-targa top (to me, the sky above my head instead of a roof is the best).

There just isn't a lot of them out there for the right price.
frown.gif

Sure there are. With over 300 red/black five-speed NSX-Ts sold, they should be relatively easy to find. Asking prices are typically mid to upper forties, and you should be able to buy a decent one in the low forties; as usual, prices will vary depending on condition, mileage, etc.

The '00 and '01 coupes with the newer smaller and lighter ABS unit combined with the stiffer body of the 97+ coupes makes them quite good IMHO - not to mention, they are rare.

Originally posted by s2ktaxi:
The '00 and '01 coupes with the newer smaller and lighter ABS unit combined with the stiffer body of the 97+ coupes makes them quite good IMHO - not to mention, they are rare.

A '99 Zanardi would work well too hehe....

------------------
2001 NSX-T
- Bilstein Shocks
- '02 OEM Wheels

Gee, Francis, you wouldn't have any personal reason for mentioning a model for which you can count the number of cars on one hand, would you?
biggrin.gif

Personaly i think the black and ivory nsx are beautiful. I don't know but that color combination looks very luxurious and exotic to me.

Originally posted by Number9:
Especially a Z with the non-compliance beam/toe links and one of these:
dyno05a.jpg

BTW, check this URL for some detailed pix of the CTSC, GruppeM SC, & BBSC: http://northwest.nsxca.org/02dDyno.html

[This message has been edited by Number9 (edited 21 September 2002).]

Where are the dyno sheets! I like how the BBSC is setup with the intake in the fender(I assume).

That is the so-called "Home Depot" cold air intake, which apparently works much better than having the air filter in the engine bay. The latter tends to heat soak.

Originally posted by RyRy210:
The '99 Zanardi's still have the older larger and heavier ABS unit - and for exclusivity, there are about 50 of them. Compared to 1-2 coupes in the '00 or '01 model year of any given color.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Gee, Francis, you wouldn't have any personal reason for mentioning a model for which you can count the number of cars on one hand, would you?
biggrin.gif

Personal reason, nah... just stating the facts... It dawned on me the other day that I could not replace my car if I had to...

Originally posted by s2ktaxi:
Originally posted by RyRy210:
The '99 Zanardi's still have the older larger and heavier ABS unit - and for exclusivity, there are about 50 of them. Compared to 1-2 coupes in the '00 or '01 model year of any given color.

True about the exclusivity, but with respect to the driver experience, the Z is lighter (notwithstanding the heavier ABS) and has a much better suspension setup.

Back