Is the XGA the bridge between the NSX, S2000 and HSC?

http://www.s2ki.com/Home/content/view/252/6/

S2kGT_copy.jpg

This is the new Prelude (not saying that the name should be Prelude at all) of the New NSX! .. is the same game plan as in the 80's .... hummmm interesting!!
I like the HP numbers ,,, means that the new NSX will be a true exotic!!

Oscar

That's actually a s2k with a hardtop, the car in question will be different.

Oscar

oscarhmoyano said:

Oscar

No it's not, it's a photoshop I realized. the windshield wiper is floating on the glass...

satan_srv said:
No it's not, it's a photoshop I realized. the windshield wiper is floating on the glass...

That would be the reflection bro...

Not sure if this R&T sneak peak has been listed here already...

Acura NSX
Resurrection ensured.

"We are now focused on the development of a new model to succeed the NSX for a new era. We would like to debut a new super sports car equipped with a V-10 in three to four years. Please look forward to seeing the NSX successor."

Other than those remarks uttered by Honda CEO Takeo Fukui last year, nothing has been heard from Honda about its future sports car plans. Here's what we were able to dig up: There is indeed a newV-10 engine in the works at Honda, but we also uncovered information on a V-8 project. And, although we previously reported that the next NSX will have its engine mounted amidships, there's a big possibility of it coming in as a front-engine/all-wheel-drive sports car.

The displacement of Honda's V-10 will be about 5.0 liters, with output around 450 to 500 bhp. Honda's aim is to outperform Nissan's GT-R and Lexus' GT 450. But the buzz that Honda is also working on the development of a V-8 raises the possibility of the future NSX (it may be called something else) being available with two engine options. Our sources tell us that the future 8-cylinder will have 4.5 liters of displacement with an output of around 350 to 400 bhp. This way, Honda can go after the Nissan GT-R with the V-8-powered car, while taking on the Lexus GT 450 with the V-10-powered one. The future NSX will likely use Honda's trick SH-AWD awd system currently found in the Acura RL.

We expect the top-of-the-line Honda 2-seater to be priced around $100,000 while the base model will carry a sticker of about $70,000. This preliminary image of the NSX is our best guess right now as to what the car may look like. The on-sale date is scheduled for 2008.

satan_srv said:
yeah...think so. XGA speculation is somewhat true but the end of the S2000 probably isn't

I don't think it's an April Fools Joke... Look here.

"XGA will be a coupe based on the RL platform and feature either a V8 or V10, probably a detuned version of what ends up powering the next Acura NSX."

oscarhmoyano said:

Oscar

I don't think it is myself. I've never seen a convertible car with the hard top on that came with a rear wiper:confused:
The trunk is a lot shorter on this this than the regular s2k. Looks more like a hatchback. Look at the way the sheetmetal is contoured to meet the 1/4 panels.

Nope- the coupe varient of the S2000 shown in the title post as "XGA" was an April fools joke.

92NSX- this is NOT a convertible with a bolted on hard-top- it is a photo of an S2000 altered with a computer program to create an imaginary coupe.

The car in the photo does not exist- which is really too bad, because I LIKE IT.

The StooK takes to coupe treatment really well.

I am also very fond of the Sports 4 concept as long as it is more focused on the "sports" aspect- I would love to see AWD, and the RL style paddle shifters in a TSX sized car-

Or wait, I could just go get a Lexus IS250 AWD and be done with it...

Honda will let us know what they want to let us know. We are all just circulating the rumours until that happens.

Anyone hear the rumour that Honda is going to build an all EV sportscar that charges in 30 minutes, gets 300 miles per charge and goes 0-60 in 3.6

Or that Honda is going to create a new sports coupe to compete with the Infinity G35 coupe- It will be based on the TL, and possibly feature SH-AWD.

I also heard through the grape vine that Honda is going to give up building cars to focus on the truck market.

How about that one a few years ago about the cheap NSX- made of steel, and priced to compete with the Corvette,

Or that the next Honda supercar would be a hybrid?

Post em up- tell us the farthest fetched Honda rumours. There are hundreds of them out there.

Last edited:
Back