Is it worth it for me to buy the car from insurance company?

If I bought my car from the insurance company, how much can I get for stuff like the Hood , engine, tranny etc. Engine is 126k with new timing belt at 82k, new clutch at 98k, etc. Just wondering. about how to grind the insurance company for the best price on 1995 with116k, serious suspension damage? Thanks, Prescott

I would honestly buy it back if you have the space to store it. Take it and part it out on here!

Me to buy it back or let me buy it and stripe it and you can have the high end part you need.???

If your interior is black and in good shape, I am interested in all of the black parts behind the seat, door panels, and the center console.

Buy it back, and with the difference between the cost and the payout, fix it and build it up they way you want. What will it cost for you to fix it yourself?

I bought it for $3200 and sold it for $7000 an hour later to a guy in Baton Rouge and he let me take out my stuff and my exhaust and cantrell cold air intake.
I just need an oem head unit even if it does not work to make the dude happy. Anybody got a broken head unit that looks like it works? Or a cheap one that works? Thanks, Prescott....lickin my lips in anticipation of getting Daniel's 1996 Blk/Blk. Call me at 225-907-2252 or private mail me please

Look in the classified ads for a stereo. Just be honest about things.

Last edited:
I bought it for $3850 and sold it over the phone to a local guy for $7000 just 20 minutes later over the phone. I was able to get all of my goodies off except the headers.
I probably could have gotten more for it, but, I am quite busy financing "credit criminals" right now and I have a new clothing line that I am starting that will hopefully go national then international( I'm an optomist, because my one of my partners is God).
I just did not have the time and the patience to deal with out of Staters or the mechanical ability to part it out. I can see where an entrepeneur with mechanical abilities could really do well parting one out. Heck, what does an engine go for with comptech headers on it and only 116k?
This guy had his checkbook ready so I went with it, but, I think I should have told him 8 when he said 7.I feel good about it because it is over and my new one is being picked up tomorrow in Cali. Maybe I'll have it by Sunday.The new car has never been washed with soap and water. I have heard that Daniel in Elk Grove's car is incredible. The guy wiped the engine down after every drive. It has never seen rain, ever! One owner with every piece of Oem equipment he took off and upgraded plus window sticker, every record, even a small black diecast model of the car. Wow
Remember to Treasure Life, Prescott

I bought it for $3850 and sold it over the phone to a local guy for $7000 just 20 minutes later over the phone. I was able to get all of my goodies off except the headers.
Prescott

Glad to see you did it and everything worked out for you Prescott.

The paint is factory fresh as everytime the guy drove the car he blew the dirt off of it with some high strength blower and then went around the car with a spray bottle with just water and a very soft terry cloth towel that left very few swirls or scratches in the clearcoat.
He also wiped down the engine everytime he drove the car, and, before shipping he took it to Niello Acura and had it checked out to make sure nothing was wrong with it before selling it to me.

Take a look at the pictures on ebay I will post pictures the day I get it. We shall see then if it is all that he( and others on Prime) say it is. If you got to Ebay you can see the car and equipment- It is listed at the bottom of the page today under Acura NSXs- Note the equipment

- Comptech headers, exhaust, and teflon( or kevlar, I forgot) airbox, TSW Montage wheels with New Tires (19x 9.5, 18x8), MOMO shifter handle, Tubi adjustable shocks, lowered 1 1/1 inch

- all original wheels, tires, shocks(or struts, whatever they are called), exhaust system, shifter handle,original springs, window sticker, every record of every oil change, service history,etc plus a diecast model of a black/ black NSX, and all keys and original books, lease, paperwork etc.

So do you think at $32500 I paid too much given all of the extra equipment plus all of the OEM parts I am getting.

Plus, does $1300 enclosed shipping(including the 3 boxes of extra OEM parts and records) sound like a decent deal from the Sacramento area to Baton Rouge? Just Wondering, Prescott

Congrats on your new ride, condolences on your old.

I don't quite understand the thinking behind it never being washed. I know folks don't want their cars out in the rain (I've gotten that way with mine), but never washing it? Totally absurd!! He probably blew more dust and dirt across the finish and ground what was missed by the blower into the clearcoat with the terry towel.

Do yourself a favor and give that new toy the bath it deserves once it's in your possession!

She's gong straight to the detail shop. Thanks. I'll take photos when she gets here. I'm excited.

Back