Is it nomal?

Dear friends,
I just have my NSX the second day but found a problem on the trunk door.I have to "throw" the door with my full strength to make it locked. I should oil the lock or change it?

Dear friends,
I just have my NSX the second day but found a problem on the trunk door.I have to "throw" the door with my full strength to make it locked. I should oil the lock or change it?

My EX-Girlfriend had the same problem. Mouth would not stay shut, but forcing it shut seem to make it worse.:wink: Pressing it shut should work, If not maybe its been in a accident or lock needs to be aligned or oiled like you stated.

Dear friends,

You have to press it down. I'm concerned that throwing down your trunk lid blew out your trunk struts.

Same here with everyone else. I just close it, then press down right above the latch area until it clicks shut. I'm actually surprised you could even throw or slam the trunk closed unless your hydrolic trunk struts are completely worn out.

While we are at it. It is the same procedure for the glass engine hatch. Don't slam it down. Just lay it down, then press down above the latch until it clicks shut.

I took my car to the Acura Dealership to get the oil changed. Just as they were finishing I saw the tech trying to slam down the rear glass hatch, I just about lost it!! Even the dealerships needs to read the Manual.

You have to press it down. I'm concerned that throwing down your trunk lid blew out your trunk struts.

Ok! Amazing,it works! Thanks to everyone who answer my stupid question.

Back