Is it good idea to make convertible ?

Buy a T-Top if you want that convertible feeling....otherwise you will be spending big bucks to ruin a nice car.

jaynsx1 said:
Is it good idea to make convertible ? need help what is step I have to do it.

Would you take a piss on the Mona Lisa? Why deface an artform as unreal as an NSX? Targa's are enough of a convertable feeling? Id buy an S2000, if your dead set on a drop top.:wink:

Buy a Boxter S or Ferrari 360 Spider. Don't hurt another NSX. Though, if you do decide to chop a NSX-T, send me the targa top. I could always use the spare.

I would recommend getting the T- top if you want the convertible feeling or otherwise I wouldnt recommend getting a NSX and making it into a convertible.

slashmatt said:
Buy a Boxter S or Ferrari 360 Spider. Don't hurt another NSX. Though, if you do decide to chop a NSX-T, send me the targa top. I could always use the spare.

lol.... that's a huge jump.... get a 50k car or a 200k car, when it sounds like they can't even afford a used 95 nsx (speculation)

i don't think it's ruining a nice car any more than welding a roof on your targa (that seemed to get the thumbs up of most people here.... should've swapped with this guy)

to answer the original question, though... you could do it.... but you would want to add all the additional chassis supports they have in the newer car, to maintain rigidity with a removable top. i duno exactly how many there are or where exactly they go. you would have to buy them, weld them (after removing a bunch of parts from your car), buy weather stripping for the roof, and i'm sure there are a few other differences and details you'd have to attend to. all in all, it's not really worth it, but neither is making your targa a hard top.

There actually was one on Ebay couple months back...some basketball players car I think........looked absolutely hideous....my .02

Convertible NSX are nice. Few around, less turbulent than the T. Yeah, it is nice:biggrin:

jaynsx1 said:

You got to do the first and the hardest step first, buy a NSX.

Step 1- Buy a nsx (if you already have one, you are half way there)
Step 2- Ship the car to New Port convertible
Step 3- Pick up the car and enjoy

Don't mind the haters, they are just jealous:wink: .

1025 S Melrose #B Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 632-3287
(714) 632-0482
[email protected]
www.newportconvertible.com

10596178631424654_1.jpg

113451859913168865_1.jpg

jaynsx1 said:

No, get a targa or something else. The NSX looks horrible a as a convertible, I don't care how much you spend to make one.

EDIT: Not to mention that you will destroy the rigidness of the frame by hacking it

If you are dead set on it, please at least find an NSX that was a rollover.

I would wager that most of, perhaps even all of, the convertible NSXs were roll overs.

Back