Is a 91 NSX with 130k miles...

going for $27,500

that had two owners, was not in snap ring range, and had full records with TB/seals/H2Opump/clutch/new brakes/rubber/window regulators done

a good deal in your opinion.

Is there anything else to look out for?

I think it's a good deal. I paid less than that, with less miles, but mine was far from having all the papers, and everything done to it. And I think I'm like the 5th owner. :redface:

Records is the key, as long is it is not in need of anything major it might be a good car mileage is a little high for the price.

I would never go for that tactic...

Yeah that seems a bit off. The price is fair so I think $24k would be insulting. I'd try to agree on a decent price beforehand, but $24k is a bit ridiculous. :smile:

show up with $24K...you never know....thats what i would do. good luck

I agree with the other posters that if you did that to me you would be leaving without a car.
Hopefully you wouldn't expect a test drive first and then throw that lowball at them afterwards. Then again,you wouldn't even get to drive the car if you told them your offer up front.

going for $27,500

that had two owners, was not in snap ring range, and had full records with TB/seals/H2Opump/clutch/new brakes/rubber/window regulators done

a good deal in your opinion.

Is there anything else to look out for?

Sounds fair to me. Determine in your mind what you would have paid if you did not know the price ahead of time, and if that matches what you would pay then do it. It is pretty hard to find an early car with that many miles and all of the records, and it is well worth paying a little more for that piece of mind.

I got my '92 for $24k, but like the other guys have told you, documentation makes all the difference. Previous owner told me that the TB/WP was done about a year ago, but no papers... guess what I'm going to be doing pretty soon to fix that?

Sucks, but that's the market.

Nick

sheesh...looks like i set off a nerve with some folks here with my suggestion:tongue:

the original poster never said the price was firm or " best offer", so it never hurts to make an offer. if i was ever selling a car, i could only dream most folks would think exactly like some of you and offer exactly what i was asking. but honestly, if you guys ever had any experience selling a car, you know you can meet the most whacked and ridiculous, insulting and down right slap in the face lowballers on the planet. its a big waste of time and energy, especially if you need the car sold.

if i was selling a car at 27 and someone came to me with 24 IN HAND AND NOT JUST TALK, i would atleast take that person as a serious potential buyer. of course, if there is room to meet in the middle, then both parties can walk away without a sour taste in the mouth.

theres a different situation to every sale, and if the seller has all the time in the world, then by all means, be firm. however, like the old saying goes, you never know if you never ask...how can someone say yes when youve already said no to yourself.

btw, there is a red 92 in my area for sale with 132000 miles for $22,900....CLEAN and saw it in person

Last edited:
We had a black 91 with 135k miles here for sale for a year ,he had a huge stack of records and the right updated wheel/tire combo. The guy said he bought it in Cali in 92 for 47k with 5000 miles ( I cant believe he told me that) he started with 31k , I really wanted the car but wasnt going to pay that , and nobody else in the metroplex would either . He finally came down to 28k but was still to close to what the low mile cars were trading for here. I am a Honda tech by trade so the miles scare me much less than most people but I still dont want to take a instant hit on a 16yr old car. I did end up buying a car with half the miles and no records but I ended up o.k. Just run your carfax and with a little legwork you can usually find out who worked on the car. And get a ppi at the acura dealer if you can. Often what they will take for the car depends on how much money they have in it

In fall 2001, I bought a relatively stock '91 with 90k on it in Tucson for $29k. Only the most recent paperwork was available but it had just had the major service (TB, w/p) and clutch done by a reputable NSX mechanic. However, it had been lightly tracked which scares some people off. I've since put 60K more miles on it and am just about to do the major service again. I'm not sure what prices have done since 2001 .. just offering another data point.

Being someone who has purchased a 91 - it sounds good! The window regulators have been done and the water pump and timing belt...thats awesome...you can always do the exhaust and the suspension later on...if you want it lowered and sounding more aggressive!:biggrin: Congrats if it works out...I am hoping for you brother! Also...let the interior of the car talk to you...seat bolster is nothing too important - seeing that the car is about 17 years old...but cracks to the dash, broken or missing knobs and dials scream "abuse" to me!:eek: Your machine should have a beautiful interior that looks relatively new and presentable...do not accept anything less!

Dam:cool:

That price seems high, With that many miles. There are a lot lower mileage 91s out there for about the same price. I bought my silver 91 for close to that price, But it only has 20,000 miles all records, AC needed little work.

No matter how much data is available always approach a car like a crime scene and check everything. I love when they tell you " dont worry its a clean car with no stories ":rolleyes:

Good deal indeed. With documented maintenance, this car is ready for another 130K. People put way too much emphasis on mileage and not on records. I saw a '96 NSXT Comptech with 43K in horrible shape compared to mine with 148K
(sad).

I plan to....just waiting to talk to my brother. I think it looks pretty good.

Anyone watch the Youtube clips?

Any opinions on the sound of the engine?

Back