Is $27k a good deal on a silver '92?

with 96000 miles on it???

It also has had the roof painted to match(which I wish wasn't) and custom 18" rear 17" front rims, new clutch, timming belt, etc....
It looks cleans as hell from the pic. The guy is asking $29.9K...
I think I get him down to 27K...If carfax comes back clean, I think thats a fair price, do you?

:confused:

we are looking at the same car...

i say $26-27K for that car......

What happened with Bakfu?

I thought you were set to buy his....

I called Todd at DC Motors here in SoCal about the Canadian version and he told me to stay away...I had my uncle checkit out for me though, since he lives near bakfu, and he said it needed some work, not much, but the crack in the rear quarter panal looked like a bad bondo job...It scared me away from it...I guess he sold it yesterday to a guy from Canada anyway....Oh well, we'll get one sooner or later... ..

Did you see the one in Florida( silver '91 with only 25k on it)on autotrader.com???

That looks like a gem, but she wants $35k firm...If my wife wasn't naggin me enough already for wanting to spend $27K+ on a 12 year old car...I'd be all over that one....:eek:

well being 23 yrs old and making just enough (military guy) i can't afford to be looking at cars from other state cuz i gotta do the checkin myself.. know what im sayin.. i don't have much room for a mistake...

yeah bakfu sold his yesterday. he told me bout that guy from canada about a week ago.. his wife also mentioned the quarter panel issue.. they were honest about the car and it seemed like good people to do business with.. but oh well...

reason we didnt close the deal cuz my friend (buyin my mr2 turbo) hasn't come back yet from the desert and i dont wanna grab another car while i still have two....

been browsin the autotrader lately and nothing real interesting yet for me.,.. if i get desperate im goin for a red one.... but silver is so pretty....... well goodluck to both of us.....

That car has been repainted - WATCH OUT

Hey there, just thought I'd give you guys a heads up. I just came from driving that car in Redondo Beach. I drove over 70 miles to get there after being told it was original paint except for the bumper and the roof.

When I got there I inspected it and concluded that:

1-The bumper was repainted - poorly. The mismatch is visible from 30 feet away.

2-The roof repaint is not very good also - the gap where the roof meets the quarter panel is poor.

3-BOTH REAR QUARTER PANELS have been repainted. This was evident because the edges were rough - indicating a lazy painter who didn't color sand and buff them. Also there is a bit of overspray in the engine compartment. Plus the metallic silver of the repainted panels does not exactly match the rear decklid. Was it hit? Who knows.

4-The interior is okay but nothing to get excited about. Quite a bit of wear on the driver seat and scuffing on the driver interior panel.

5-The tires were some Falkens I had never heard of.

I have had 5 cars in high end body shops over the years so I know by now what clues to look for when a car has been repainted.

On the plus side this car has just had a new OEM clutch, and the 90K service was performed last year. I drove it and it seemed to drive fine.

Personally I wouldn't pay more than $25K for it myself, if that. I am just very scared of an aluminum car that may have been hit. At the least have a body shop check it out before you commit - I'm going to pass on this one.

great tip.. thanks for your help

Back