• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

iPhone Special for NSX members

If any NSX member ( in good standing ) is interested in getting an iPhone PM me.

These are all Brand New, unlocked and comes with firmware 1.1.4

8GB CDN$ 580
16GB CDN$ 675

No PST for out of Ontario Residents. No taxes for Out of country Residents.

Price can be had on eBay but they nail you for shipping ( and who knows who you're buying from )
Anyway, PM if interested.

Just trying to bring something to the NSX community

What network will they work on? Our company uses Telus but it is my understanding that the iPhone won't work on the Telus network - even if it's unlocked. Something to do with it be the wrong one (GSM, etc.)

I have a blackberry and an iPhone and the iPhone ROCKS!!!

But I didnt like getting my $1900 bill for data for the week I barely touched it in Bahamas! Seriously, I BARELY used it, 3.5MB over the entire week and it cost almost 2 grand!!!

Leave it at home or turn off the data roaming when you're outside of Canada. It doesnt cost me much in the US though.

Rick,

You've got me thinking, because I hate my Blackberry.

Bram - what kind of data plan would I have to get from Rogers to get some use from the Iphone, without incurring huge additional data charges?

Ive got a 1GB data plan that I cant get close to using (have wifi at home) that costs 60/month

i can easily cut that in half

Ok, that just about sinches it. I'm going to talk to Bell this weekend about getting out of it.

So how much for voice and data?

So how much for voice and data?

Sean, Have you done any mods on that empty space in your garage?
A high speed Epoxy Coating and lowering kit would be cool!:wink:

Sean, Ive got a bunch of NSX parts that Ive taken off my car that Ive been storing in various knoocks and crannies throughout my house.

Can I move them into that VOID in your garage? It'll be almost as good as the good'ol'days. You can line up my seats, sit in them and hold the steering wheel in your lap and make vrooming noises. It'll be almost as good, right?

Sean, Have you done any mods on that empty space in your garage?
A high speed Epoxy Coating and lowering kit would be cool!:wink:

Epoxy Coating - Installed.

I'd rather have a lift than a lowering kit in my garage or maybe my truck! :0

Sean, Ive got a bunch of NSX parts that Ive taken off my car that Ive been storing in various knoocks and crannies throughout my house.

Can I move them into that VOID in your garage? It'll be almost as good as the good'ol'days. You can line up my seats, sit in them and hold the steering wheel in your lap and make vrooming noises. It'll be almost as good, right?

Sure I'll hook them up to my PS3 and drive an NSX in GT5 when it gets here!
I'm used to girls making vrooming noises in my lap when they are holding my gear shifter! Ba da boom! :biggrin:

Seriously, you guys know how to make a friend feel good.

Love my iPhone, even though its the lowly 4Gig model. Sean, I have wifi at home,at the office and the local coffeeshop where I hide from patients and find its more than sufficient. I'm not some bigshot like Dave who needs to be constantly plugged in for stock quotes. :)

Last edited:
So a voice only plan works for you John?

That would be great. As it is I'm paying $100 for an old blackberry and hardly use the email feature (maybe one day a week).

Yup, regular voice service is fine (for me). I have a gmail account that works well on it using my wireless router. I love the way it allows txt messages and sorts my voicemail.

Voice plan works well for me too Sean. I strictly use the wifi feature to send and receive all emails and surf. There are numerous hot spots around the world. I use it all the time in Germany and London UK.

A tip for you data plan deprived iPhone users...

Since it sounds like you are using unlocked iPhones, do yourself a favor and install a small applet that has the ability to turn off EDGE data (amongst other options).

If you are running firmware 1.1.3 and up, it's called "BossPrefs" If you are running firmware 1.1.2 or lower, install "Services"

To do this:

Tap on Installer

Go to the Utilities section

If you have 1.1.2 or lower, install Services.
If you have 1.1.3 or higher, install BossPrefs.

Restart iPhone (may not be necessary)

Turn off EDGE data.

Done. No more expensive bills locally and especially while roaming.

If you do not see BossPrefs, you may need to install the source that has it available. Go into the Sources section and install the Bigboss's sources.

Hope that helps.

--Conrad

I'm not some bigshot like Dave who needs to be constantly plugged in for stock quotes. :)

Dave needs to get the stock quotes so he knows when to hide because he predicted wrong!

So a voice only plan works for you John?

That would be great. As it is I'm paying $100 for an old blackberry and hardly use the email feature (maybe one day a week).

Don't u get all your Prime emails on it? That should be 20 - 30 a day!

Sean, I'm not too familiar with the rate plans that Bell or (Rogers) offer. However, I know that CDMA carriers can offer better Data rate plans, based on the higher data capacity and throughput of the CDMA Network.

This is the best answer an Engineer can give on a Marketing question:biggrin:

Bram

Rick,

You've got me thinking, because I hate my Blackberry.

Bram - what kind of data plan would I have to get from Rogers to get some use from the Iphone, without incurring huge additional data charges?

Sean, I'm not too familiar with the rate plans that Bell or (Rogers) offer. However, I know that CDMA carriers can offer better Data rate plans, based on the higher data capacity and throughput of the CDMA Network.

This is the best answer an Engineer can give on a Marketing question:biggrin:

Bram

Ah CDMA - I don't have to worry about my kids not being able to spell it - It wont exist when they're old enough to have phones!

turn off edge - go to settings
general
network
data roaming off
edge
delete edge settings( prevents accidental connection)

no more charges!~

I have a lowly 8gb iphone and i think its great! Be wary of the rogers data plans, though, it may seem unlimited usage, but its only for rogers issued phones (ie blackberries etc) from what i understand the iphone doesn't fall into this category. check out the website www.iphoneincanda.ca Its a great resource to use.

Wil

Back