Iowa Corn 250

A great weekend! OK, I'm not really an oval track kind of guy but Newton is close. It was a great w/e for several of my favorite open wheel racers.
Tony Kanaan broke his long win-less streak and had his Iowa curse lifted.
Two kids I raced against (or rather pointed by) when I was still racing with Skippy won. Sage Karam won the USF2000 race and Connor Daly (Derek's son) won the Star Mazda race.
Watch for Connor dePhillipi, Ashley Freiburg and Dennis Trebing to be up in coming in the near future. It's really cool to see these kids become professional drivers.

A great weekend! OK, I'm not really an oval track kind of guy but Newton is close. It was a great w/e for several of my favorite open wheel racers.
Tony Kanaan broke his long win-less streak and had his Iowa curse lifted.

There was a race this weekend?:biggrin: If only I had VS channel on the Dish (not in my package).

Good to see TK win a race again.

I remember seeing the CART races at Portland every father's day for a few seasons. The race was usually pretty boring, but it was nice to get into the sun (from Seattle) in June.

Miner

Re: CART PDX

I remember seeing the CART races at Portland every father's day for a few seasons. The race was usually pretty boring, but it was nice to get into the sun (from Seattle) in June.
Hey, I missed you. :eek: I was at

1996-1998 Front straight grandstands
1998-2000 Turn 9 up on the hill.
2001 CART Hospitality Tent behind the pits.

You anywhere in those neighborhoods then?

A lot of sun; not much rain..........in Portland no less. Ah yes, those were the days.:smile:

Re: CART PDX

Hey, I missed you. :eek: I was at

1996-1998 Front straight grandstands
1998-2000 Turn 9 up on the hill.
2001 CART Hospitality Tent behind the pits.

You anywhere in those neighborhoods then?

A lot of sun; not much rain..........in Portland no less. Ah yes, those were the days.:smile:

I thought I recognized you!:biggrin:

I want to say I was there in 95, 96, 97. Possibly as early as 93 or 94. I was at the 3 way near dead heat race, and the one that was dry, then wet, then dry, then wet again and finally drying (might have been the one that was the closest finsih). I sat in the section leading up to the backstretch. I could see the cars come through the chicane at the front stretch, through the first series of turns and then into the back straight (curve).

I enjoyed the races then. I had a friend who's BF was a Honda Salesman and he got them into the Honda VIP section. She was living large back then.

Miner

Back