Investment question

try IBD.....it has motivational page, great articles....and yes...market trend. I itching to devote a couple of hours in the morning to trade..... :D

Zuerst said:
Are there any books, periodicals, and/or websites that I can/should read to familiarize myself with investmetns? More specifically, the stock market?

There are a million books and web sites available. Most, IMO, aren't worth much. Just go down to your local book store and look for one of those basic stockmarket for dummies books to lean the basics. Watch Squack Box or Bloomberg every morning to learn more. Check out Mootley Fools on the Web. It's fun.

Both my wife and I are former brokers with large international firms. Most brokers don't know crap. I've been involved in taking over 20 companies public, so I don't have a great deal of respect for analysist, in terms of their ratings and timing. (There are some exceptions)

It's a game you don't play in short pants. Make sure you do your research before you invest. Have an upside target for when to sell and stick with it. Also, have a downside target for when to sell. (That's the hardest part for most people) Have realistic objectives. Have a balanced and diversived portfolio. Use limit orders. (You'll find that in the books)

Thirty years of experience in three paragraphs...

Good luck.

Most brokers don't know crap...
They do know how to dial a phone and give me a canned pitch for their investment flavor of the day. :rolleyes:

Back