Introduction

Thought I'd drop a quick introduction. I'm looking for my first NSX, and I'm new to the car, but definitely not cars in general.

I've been around cars all of my adult life, worked in a Honda shop, then jaguar, then at Hilborn Fuel Injection during undergrad. Back then I actually had time to work on cars. I've been through various phases of classic cars and jeeps, most recently into traditional hot rods. I sold a couple of 1950 Fords to get my latest toy, a 62 Thunderbird convertible. This car was luxury for it's day with AC, power windows, power seats, power top, power brakes and steering.

DSC05422.jpg

Now that I run a business and have two sets of twins (yep, you read that right, boys are 3 and girls are 1) I no longer have time to keep my classics on the road. I need a more reliable car that's fun to drive and still has tons of character. The NSX fits the bill, and I've wanted one since they first came out as I was finishing school.

I'm keeping my eyes open for a nice 97-01, primarily because I like the six speed. Speed limits on the interstate around here are 75, so having the lower final drive will make a difference. I don't have the cash quite yet, but it shouldn't be long.

In the meantime, I'll be somewhat of a lurker around here, with questions sometimes to help me choose the right car. Looks like there's tons of great knowledge and good information here, I'm looking forward to being a part of this community for a long time.

Timothy

Very nice intro, Timothy. Jeez what a boat your '62 Thunderchicken is - almost forgot how huge they were.... And that older F-series pickemup looks quite nice, too.
Bet you are busy with double twins! :eek:
Welcome and enjoy the hunt. Lots of NSX's out there right now.

Very nice intro, Timothy. Jeez what a boat your '62 Thunderchicken is - almost forgot how huge they were.... And that older F-series pickemup looks quite nice, too.
Bet you are busy with double twins! :eek:
Welcome and enjoy the hunt. Lots of NSX's out there right now.

Thanks for the welcome. And yeah, the thunderbird is a boat, for sure. I've dropped it a couple inches, put in heavy sway bars front and rear, and obviously put on better wheels and tires. Now I can actually take a corner at half the speed of a modern minivan!

The truck is a 68, and both it and the thunderbird have the 390 FE motors. 6.3 liters of pure fuel consumption!

Wow, what a beautiful car! :cool:

Sounds like you you need a small bus instead of a two seater...:tongue:

Welcome! :smile:

Back