Intro

Hey guys and gals, I'm from Chicago, about to turn 21, and just moved in with my girlfriend into our new place.

I was always dreaming about buying an NSX a few years back, but never actually realized it. I'm heavily involved with RX-7's and rotary engines. Rotaries are my truest passion and hopefully soon I'll own a rotary powered car as a weekend cruiser.

Well, to get to the point. I'm now able to afford an NSX. Nothing fancy like a 97 T which I always wanted HEHE, but anything low milage, nice condition and around 30K in price.

The fact is, I don't know much about the car since I never really took the time to research them when I had no money.

So, if you guys could point me in the right direction as far as general stuff is concerned I'd be very happy.

I'm talking about stuff such as manufacturing dates, mechanical problems, TSB's, engine specs, tranny specs, options etc.

I really don't wanna be a pain and bug people with newB questions so this is all I'd be content with.

Thanks

Welcome

Hi, Buddy. I'm fairly new here myself,
and just wanted to say welcome on board and good luck finding a nice one. I hope to obtain an NSX one day, too. Not just yet.

Oh, and FAQ has lots of info on most of your questions, so look that up first. People are nice here, and direct you to the right directions, just like poohBear did.

I'm sure you will find what you are looking for through FAQ, or from previous posts.

Happy hunting.

"NSX" The best sports car ever built

To top the list of questions, I would suggest inquiring about

1) Accidents
2) Car fax
3) “On 91 Models” Snap ring
4) Window regulators usually need to be replace if they haven’t
5) Service records the more the better Water pump, timing belt and valve adjustment
6) Owner and location history
7) Re-paint
8) If there are Modifications what type whom installed.

Poohbear gave you the right place to find a thorough checklist. I’ve bought and sold several, feel free to p/m me if you need any help or have any further questions.

You’re on the right track and will be thrilled with the NSX

Happy hunting!

PoohBEAR said:
If you don't have this web address handy, remember that you can also access it by clicking on "FAQ" at the top of every web page in NSXprime, in the red bar that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Do the same due diligence with your prospective rotary purchase as you would for an NSX. You will find that there are major maintenance/reliability issues with the engine in the third (last) generation RX-7.

If you're interested in meeting NSX owners in the Chicago area, we're planning to get together for brunch on July 18. Look for details here (don't forget to link to the second page of that discussion after going through the first page).

nsxtasy said:
If you don't have this web address handy, remember that you can also access it by clicking on "FAQ" at the top of every web page in NSXprime, in the red bar that looks like this:

04jannavbar.gif

Do the same due diligence with your prospective rotary purchase as you would for an NSX. You will find that there are major maintenance/reliability issues with the engine in the third (last) generation RX-7.

If you're interested in meeting NSX owners in the Chicago area, we're planning to get together for brunch on July 18. Look for details here (don't forget to link to the second page of that discussion after going through the first page).

Yeah, pretty much every sports car has its problems. So what I'd really like to do is know what I'll be facing with the NSX. I alread read about the snap ring thing, I don't really know what a snap ring is or if I'm using the term correclty in the sentence HAHA, but I'll go through the FAQ in more detail tonight.

I'd actually love to meet some of you guys from the Chicago area. I'm on the Far Northwest Side now so a lot closer to the burbs then I used to be. I'm sure there are more owners from the suburbs then the city.

I'll check out the thread you recommended, and thanks for the sugestions.

Oh, and I know pretty much everything there is to know about the FD so no worries there.

Back